Sony finally released updates of Android 4.1 Jelly Bean to four of their Xperia devices - Xperia P, Xperia Go, Xperia E and Xperia E Dual. Now, the four Android Xperia smartphones can enjoy the Jelly Bean features such Google Now, Project Butter and much more.
Xperia P, Xperia Go and Xperia E Dual Update
These three Xperia smartphones have received Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, and aside from the smooth, responsive UI provided by Project Butter, the upgrade also includes:
- Updated and more intuitive versions of Sony Media applications: WALKMAN, Album & Movies app lets you view and access all your photos, videos and tunes in one place.
- Increased options for personalisation with whole new revamped home screen experience for handling widgets, apps and shortcuts.
- Up to 7 home screens are now available.
- Actionable notifications.
- Improved application organisation and search function.
- STAMINA Battery mode is now included.
- Google Now feature has been added.
Make sure to have your device connected via USB cable to the computer, and an Internet connection must be active.
Xperia P software version: 6.2.A.0.400
Xperia Go software version: 6.2.A.0.400
Xperia E dual software version: 11.3.A.2.1
Xperia E Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
Sony also released an Android update for Xperia E, but it depends on the date of purchase. Your device may already have the latest software. The Web site also noted that software updates are released at different times depending on the network carrier and country.
Xperia E software version: 11.3.A.0.47
If you do not know if you have the latest software version, go to "Settings > About Phone > Build Version/Number."
To update, go to "Settings > About Phone > Software Updates > System Updates" or visit the Xperia Update site.