There are a lot of updates for the Xbox One over at Xbox Wire, especially with the E3 2014 just a few days away. And even though most of the events are closed off to the public, Microsoft has set aside a few events of its own so that Xbox fans can take part and know the latest planned for the consoles.
Here's a rough guide on where you can drop by to check out what's happening with the Xbox E3:
- Microsoft Store Pre-E3 Event (Sunday, June 8, 1:00 - 3:00 p.m.): opening at 11 a.m., this pre-E3 event will allow you to attend an Xbox E3 Media Briefing. One hundred people from this event at the Century City Microsoft Storewill get the chance to attend the Xbox E3 Media Briefing and Xbox: E3 Briefing Post Show.
- Pre-Show/Green Carpet (Monday, June 9, 9 a.m.): Check out the live stream on Xbox.com or Xbox Live for exclusive pre-show peeks and interviews,
- Xbox: E3 Briefing Post Show (Monday, June 9, 11:15 a.m.): This will be a fan-centric post-game show where Xbox developers and leaders will talk more about what had happened and answer questions live from the audience. The roll call include Xbox head Phil Spencer, Chris Charla of ID@Xbox, Microsoft's Yusuf Mehdi, Bonnie Ross of 343 Industries and Ted Price of Insomniac Games.
- Sunset Overdrive Event at Microsoft Store (Wednesday, June 11, 6:00 - 9:00 p.m.): Hands on of Xbox exclusive "Sunset Overdrive" will be available here.
- ID@Xbox on Twitch (Tuesday to Thursday following E3 show hours): For those who can't go to any of the events but want more of gameplays, the main Twitch channel will be running throughout the event.
Games with Gold: Five games for members
Whether it's in response to how the PlayStation Plus will now feature two games per format for PlayStation owners, the Xbox Live Gold is also kicking off June with five free games for the Xbox One and Xbox 360.
Games with Gold on Xbox One will now have two games, "Max: The Curse of the Brotherhood" and "Halo: Spartan Assault" while Xbox 360 gamers will have "Dark Souls," "Charlie Murder" and "Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition," with the latter being a bonus game.
The games for Xbox One is yet to be announced, but "Dark Souls" is out from June 1 to 15, while "Charlie Murder" and "Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition" are both coming on June 16 to 30.
"Ryse: Son of Rome" Gets Morituri Pack with a Lot of Cool Stuff
Fans of the Xbox One exclusive title "Ryse: Son of Rome" will be treated to brand new content, more arenas, and new modes with the latest released add-on content, the "Morituri Pack."
Available at $7.99 or free for all Season Pass holders, the "Morituri Pack" features three new arenas for Gladiator mode (Beacon, false Gods and Revolutions) and two for Survival mode (The Forbidden Forest and Sulfur River). Solo mode will also get five new arenas, namely, Market, Garden, Revolution, False Gods and Beacon.
Crytek has also hinted to players that there will be a number of Easter Eggs scattered around "Ryse: Son of Rome: Morituri Pack." Here's one area where you can find an Easter Egg. Four Easter Eggs have already been announced by Major Nelson, along with its locations.
Read more gaming and tech news: