WARNING! Apple iPhone Electric Shock Leaves Young Australian Woman Electrocuted and Hospitalized; How to Avoid Similar Incident [PHOTOS]

By on

Australian authorities have issued warnings when a young woman from Sydney was hospitalised after being electrocuted using Apple's iPhone. Since similar incidents from around the globe have been recorded - - creating shock and resulting in electrocution for the device users - - the authorities maintain that it is best for Aussies to take the necessary precautions in using tech devices.

The woman in her 20s was taken by the ambulance from her home at the Sydney suburb of Chatswood to the Royal North Shore Hospital. Latest report by The Daily Mail noted that the young Australian is now in stable condition after receiving shock from her iPhone, a product of giant company, Apple.

This did not stop authorities however, from issuing warnings to users of the same product and more devices that involve electricity.

With 232 emergency calls for electric shocks received in the first half of 2013, an official from the New South Wales Ambulance reminded mobile phone users to take extra precautions on their phone’s connection.

'If the appliances are dusty, they should be given a vacuum clean,' the Ambulance spokesman said, noting that any kind of dirt that made its way to the terminals could result in short circuit that could be hazardous to one’s health.

The Ambulance Inspector, John Brotherhood supported the reminders raised by the office spokesman. He said that anyone who experienced even a slight shock may end up suffering from serious health problems.

 'It takes only a small shock to interfere with your heart,' Brotherhood was quoted as saying by The Daily Mail.

He added, “"Basically, if the jolt moves you, if it takes your breath away or if it's at all a cause for concern, you need to get it checked out.”

The electrocution incident experienced by the young woman from Sydney, Australia is not an isolated case that can be attributed to Apple’s iPhone.

A Chinese family claimed that 23-year-old daughter, Ma Ailun, a flight attendant for China Southern Airlines, died after being electrocuted when she used her phone while it was being charged at her home.

Ma’s sister took to a social networking site called Weibo and issued warning to the users.

‘I want to warn everyone else not to make phone calls when your mobile phone is recharging,’ Ma Ailun’s sister said.

The iPhone and its accessories had already been turned over to the authorities for further investigation.

A week before the similar incident in Australia made the headlines, Apple issued a statement vowing to conduct its own investigation on the iPhone electric shock incidents

"We will fully investigate and co-operate with authorities in this matter," the spokeswoman for Apple-Beijing, Carolyn Wu, said, promising action following Ailun’s death. Wu also offered condolences to the Chinese family.

The electrocution incident in China and in Australia has been prompting fears for dangers that could lurk in everyday’s devices, even at your own home.

Check out more photos of the Chinese family here. Start the SLIDESHOW for more iPhone photos by Apple.

Join the Discussion