"The Walking Dead" is not just a TV show or comic series, for fans it is much more than that. It has slowly become a rage, a lifestyle for hardcore "TWD" lovers. This is the reason fans are ready to pay money for the ultimate zombie fest called "The Walking Dead" Escape Tour.
This unique fest was a huge hit at San Diego Comic Con. "The Walking Dead" Escape is now travelling the United States with a full-fledged 2014 tour.
"It's a fun way to spend the afternoon, especially if you're a big Walking Dead fan," said comic book writer and "The Walking Dead" executive producer Robert Kirkman to Entertainment Weekly.
"It's an experience unlike anywhere else. You can live the kind of things you see in the comics and show and go to a place and get chased by zombies. Or go to a place and watch your friends get chased by zombies. And nobody gets eaten, which is the best of both worlds!"
"The Walking Dead" Escape Tour 2014 Details
- Baton Rouge, LA - April 24, at Baton Rouge River Center Arena
• Houston, TX - April 26 at Reliant Stadium
- Miami, FL - May 3 at Sun Life Stadium
- Tampa, FL - May 10 at USF Sun Dome
- Jacksonville, FL - May 17 at EverBank Field
- New Orleans, LA - May 24 at Mercedes-Benz Superdome
- Atlanta, GA - May 31 at Philips Arena
- San Diego, CA - July 25 and 26 at Petco Park surrounding Comic Con 2014
Types of Tickets
1. Survivor: "Navigate the course and avoid the undead. 35-50 minutes of Walking Dead Madness! Access to the after-party. Enjoy a cool beer after your run... if you survive." The cost is $75 (it also has a military discount).
2. Walker: Fans can join the horde and stroll as an official "The Walking Dead" Escape Walker. Pro make-up and walker training session included. The cost is $95.
3. Spectator: One can watch the action from the spectator areas, enjoy the after-party and merch area. The cost is $20.
Click here for more details on "The Walking Dead" Escape Tour.