Viral Video: Dead Girl, 3, Comes Back to Life At Her Own Funeral in the Philippines

By on

A three-year-old girl who was clinically pronounced dead surprised funeral-goers when she woke up from her coffin in the Philippines.

According to reports, the young girl from Aurora, Zamboanga del Sur was pronounced dead on Saturday after suffering severe fever. However, a day later at a church service for her own funeral, it was discovered that she was still alive.

Footage of the child apparently waking up in her coffin has gone viral online, with over two million views garnered from YouTube since it was uploaded on Sunday.

In the video, her parents can be seen removing her from her coffin as the mourners gather around them to learn more about the apparent miracle.

Police Senior Inspector Heidil Teelan confirmed the incident to the Philippine Star, citing accounts from the personnel he assigned to verify the case. He acknowledged, though, that the police were not the property authority to confirm the medical case.

He said the child, whom he refused to name for her protection, had been suffering fever for days before she was brought to the clinic on Friday.

“During that time, the attending clinic personnel and physician confirmed that the young patient had no more pulse and was clinically dead last Saturday morning about 9 am,” Teelan told the paper.

Her parents then brought her home to prepare her for funeral service in church the next day.

One of the neighbours helping during the funeral saw the supposed dead girl’s head move during the service, which prompted them to check on the girl’s pulse and confirm that she was still alive. The parents removed her from the coffin, gave her water and brought her to the clinic.

They reportedly brought the girl home again after the brief check-up.

“We really cannot make confirmation on the status of the girl, but based on the observation of the police personnel I deployed, it appear the girl remained in a state of comatose in their house,” the police said.

Unfortunately, the miracle did not last. According to the Filipino blog Noypi Stuff, the child is pronounced dead again.

Municipal Health Officer Dr Mary Silyne Asor-Cabahug used a cardiac monitor to assess the girl’s condition. She confirmed that the child is dead, and has advised her parents to bury the girl soon to prevent diseases.

Join the Discussion