Verizon Wireless rolls out the official Android 4.4.4 KitKat update for Moto X smartphone which features camera improvements, new layout on apps and more.
Verizon Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat
Moto X from Verizon Wireless is now receiving the official Android 4.4.4 KitKat update via Over the Air process in the United States. It includes all the default Android 4.4.4 KitKat bug fixing and security patches from Google and several improvements provided by Motorola.
- Improved camera picture quality
- Improved photos in fluorescent lighting
- Enhanced dynamic range
- Pause and resume button on the video recording
- New graphical layout and colours for the Dialler app
- Improves consistency and usability of the Dialler app
Official change logs from Motorola based on Android 4.4.3 KitKat
- Camera improvements such as better consistency of exposure, more realistic flash colouring and improved photos in low-light conditions on the front camera
- Motorola Alert update for Moto X
Users of Verizon Moto X will receive the build version 210.12.41 and can be updated manually in case the firmware notification has not arrived yet.
Download and Installation
There are two ways to download and install the Android 4.4.4 KitKat update on Moto X. Users can either use the wireless update or via USB cable with Motorola Device Manager.
1. Go to Settings menu.
2. About Phone.
3. System Updates.
4. Check for Updates.
5. Download the available firmware to the device.
6. Follow the instructions prompted for installation of the new firmware.
It is advisable to use Wi-Fi Internet connection to download the firmware using Over the Air Update instead of mobile data. Users must check if the smartphone has at least 50 per cent battery level before installing the firmware to avoid any power interruption. Perform a backup of all data files and personal settings as well for safety.
Motorola Device Manager:
1. Download and install the Motorola Device Manager on a Windows computer or MAC.
2. Launch the Motorola Device Manager on the computer.
3. Connect the Moto X smartphone using a USB cable. Drivers will be installed if the device has been connected for the first time.
4. A notification message will appear about a new firmware if the computer has an Internet connection. You may also manually check for updates using the MDM software.
5. Follow the instructions on the screen to download and install the update.
In case the computer can't detect the smartphone while connected, disable the USB debugging mode and change the USB connection setting to Media Device or MTP mode. These options are found on the Settings menu of the device.