Sprint announced the release of the Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean to Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 users and will be sent Over-the-Air (OTA). Alternatively, you can get Android 4.2.2 version for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 as well using CyanogenMod 10.1
To download the Sprint Android 4.1.1 version of the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, go to "Settings - About Device" and select the Software Update. Check out the video of how does it look and feel on the device:
For those who want Android 4.2.2, follow this instruction guide using a custom ROM based from the AOSP release of Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
Warning: This is a custom ROM, so warranty will be voided automatically. All data inside the device will be wiped out. Developers will not be held liable or responsible for any damages on your device. Do this at your own risk.
Disclaimer: All custom ROMs, firmwares, tools, software updates, mods, and everything else mentioned in this tutorial belong to their respective owners and developers.
1. Install first the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 drivers to your computer. Download the drivers here.
2. Make a backup of all data files, contacts, SMS, and call logs on your device.
3. Enable the USB Debugging on your Android tablet.
4. The device must be rooted.
5. Check if the device has at least 80 per cent battery life to prevent any unwanted interruption. A power interruption will likely to brick the device during the installation.
6. Hopefully, your device is unlocked. Custom ROMs are mostly designed to unlocked devices only.
7. Install a ClockworkMod recovery to your device.
2. Connect the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 using a USB cable to your computer.
3. Copy the CM10.1 and Google Apps you have downloaded earlier to the SD card of the tablet.
4. Switch off the device and disconnect it from the computer.
5. Proceed to Recovery Mode by pressing Power and Volume down keys together.
6. Perform a full data wipe by selecting "Wipe data/factory reset".
7. Use the volume keys to navigate and select "flash zip from SD card". Use the Power key to select it.
8. Select "choose zip from SD card".
9. Use the volume keys to scroll down and look for the "Android 4.2.2 ROM" zip file and select it by using the Power key. Confirm the installation.
10. Use the same method to install the Google Apps package.
11. After installing the custom ROM and Google Apps, go to "...Go Back" and reboot the tablet by selecting "Reboot system now" from the recovery menu.
12. The device will now reboot and wait for 5 minutes. Congratulations! You have now an Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean inside your Galaxy Tab 2 10.1.
13. Go to Settings - About Tablet to verify the successful installation.
For a more detailed approach of the installation guide, visit the Team Android original link.