Owners of Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE GT-I9506 can now update to XXCUNG3 Android 4.4.2 KitKat. The update has been rolled out in a number of countries already like France, New Zeland and other Nordic regions. For those who have not received the update, they can choose to upgrade manually.
Similar to other updates, there are two primary ways people can access the XXCUNG3 Android 4.4.3 KitKat firmware: KIES update and Over-the-Air or OTA. However, for those unable to access both, manual installation can be an option.
Disclamier: Providers of the update cannot be held responsible for what happens to the device following upgrade. Users can update at their own risk.
User should also satisfy the following conditions if they wish to install the update:
- Back up all important settings, files and other personal information.
- Charge the device at least 60%.
- Install all drivers for the device and the firmware.
- Enable USB Debugging.
For manual installation, team True Android offers the following instructions:
1. Save and download Odin v3.09.
2. Save and extract the update program.
3. Save and extract the Odin file as well.
4. Turn off the Samsung Galaxy S4.
5. Press and hold the following buttons: Volume Down, Home and Power. This will switch the device to Download Mode. Proceed to download mode through Volume Up.
6. Access Odin3 v3.0.exe and run it as Administrator.
7. Use USB and connect the device to the computer. Wait for the computer and program to recognize it.
8. Select the AP option and choose the .tar.md5 file extracted in Step 2.
9. Select only F. Reset Time and Auto Reboot in the Odin Window.
10. Click on Start and wait until the flashing process finishes.
11. The device will restart with a Pass Message and Green background. Disconnect the device.
It should be running successfully with Android 4.4.2 KitKat. People can also check out the guide provided by XDA.