Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 received an unofficial Android 4.4.3 support from OmniROM developers. Users of Galaxy S2 can now download and install the Android 4.4.3 version of the custom ROM.
OmniROM for Galaxy S2
Android 4.4.3 nightly builds of OmniROM is now available and supports the second generation of Galaxy S series. Xplodwild hard work finally let Omni merged the changes to Android 4.4.3 KitKat and the rollout started since June 5. The new firmware is also available via Omni's built-in delta OTA updater.
1. Install this firmware to the Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 only. Flashing the ROM to a different variant may cause unforeseen consequences.
2. Create a manually backup of all data files and personal settings stored on the device.
3. Make sure the battery level is at least 50 per cent.
4. Root the smartphone and install a custom recovery such as ClockworkMod.
5. Enable USB debugging mode on the device.
6. Download and install the necessary USB drivers on the computer for Galaxy S2.
Warning: We are not responsible for any errors which may occur on your Galaxy S2 smartphone. Android 4.4.3 OmniROM is still under nightly stage that may contain certain bugs. Read and follow the instructions carefully to avoid issues to happen. Do this at your own risk.
1. Connect your Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 to the computer using a USB cable.
2. Copy and paste the OmniROM Android 4.4.3 firmware and the Google Apps zip files to the microSD card of the smartphone. Don't unzip the zip files.
3. Disconnect the smartphone from your computer and then switch the device off.
4. Reboot the Galaxy S2 into Recovery Mode by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power keys at the same time. Use the volume rockers to navigate and the power key to select options.
5. Inside the Recovery Mode, create an Android backup of the current ROM by selecting "backup and restore > backup." It will save a copy of the ROM which you can restore anytime.
6. Perform a complete wipe. Select "wipe data/factory reset" and "wipe cache partition" then go to "advanced > wipe Dalvik cache."
7. Install the OmniROM custom ROM. Select "install zip from SD card > choose zip from SD card > select the firmware > confirm installation." Do the same with the Google Apps package.
8. Once the installation has been completed, go back to the main menu then select "reboot system now." It may take up to five minutes before the device reaches the home screen.
Congratulations! Your Galaxy S2 is now running Android 4.4.3 KitKat with OmniROM features and goodies.
For any bug reports or comments, send your feedback to Android Geeks official thread.