Samsung Galaxy Note 3 users now have the option to update to Android 4.4.2 KitKat using Omega custom ROM. The process remains the same for installing any custom ROM. Nonetheless, for beginners, users have to root their devices first before update. It is also important to download and save a custom recovery app.
Prior to updating, remember the following:
- The Omega Android 4.4.2 ROM caters specifically to Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE N9005. Trying other units can result to a bricked device. Unless the model is as specified do not install the ROM.
- The device should run ClockworkMod recovery.
- Installation will remove all data from the phone. Users can choose to update or not. Providers of the update cannot be held responsible for what happens to the device following installation. Users can update at their own risk.
- Do a Dalvik Cache wipe under recovery mode before installation.
Here are the steps on how to update Samsung Galaxy S3 to Omega Custom ROM:
1. Download the Android 4.4.2 Omega ROM file.
2. Connect the Galaxy Note 3 to the computer via USB.
3. Transfer the Android 4.4.2 Omega ROM zip file to the SD card of the device. Make sure to transfer in the SD card root folder.
4. Turn off the Galaxy Note and disconnect from the computer.
5. Turn on the device by pressing and holding the Home, Power and Volume Up buttons. This will switch the device to Recovery Mode.
6. Access ClockworkMod Recovery and wipe out all data. Do this by choosing "wipe data/factory reset."
7. Do a "wipe cache partition" after.
8. Return to the main recovery screen. Choose "install zip from SD card."
9. Select the "choose zip from sdcard" option. Navigate through the system using volume keys.
10. Install the file.
11. Following completion, select "+++++Go Back+++++." Choose "reboot system now" to reboot the phone.
The device should be running on Android 4.4.2 KitKat in no time.