Galaxy S Advance I9070 can now update their devices with Android 4.4.2 KitKat Carbon ROM. The Carbon ROM offers users a way to test out the Android 4.4.2 KitKat even without the OTA. Before installing the ROM, there are several things users should take note of.
Users should take note of the following when installing custom ROM:
1. The update caters to Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070 handsets.
2. Users should root their devices. The unit should have ClockWorkMod Recovery.
3. The device should be 80 percent charged.
4. Users should allow USB debugging. To do this, go to Settings > Developer options > USB Debugging.
To proceed with installation:
1. Download the Carbon ROM from the link.
2. Download Google Apps package.
3. Attach the device to the USB. Transfer the Google Apps package and the ROM to the root folder of the SD on the device.
4. Disconnect the handset and turn off the device.
5. Get the device into Recovery Mode. Press and hold Volume Up, Power and Home buttons.
6. Once in Recovery Mode, choose "wipe data/factory reset."
7. Starting from CWM recovery, go to "Advanced" then choose "wipe dalvik cache."
8. Go to main recovery screen, choose "install zip from sdcard" then proceed with "choose zip from sdcard."
9. Through the Volume Keys, choose Android 4.4.2 ROM zip file in the SD card. Use power button to select.
10. Do the same steps for Google Apps Package.
11. Reboot the system.
Galaxy S Advance comes with the following specs:
- 16M Color SUPER AMOLED Full Touch
- Display Resolution : 480 x 800pixelSize: 4"
- Platform Android v2.3 (GingerbreadTM)
- Processor1GHz Core Processor
- User Interface TOUCHWiZ v4.0 User Interface (up to 7 pages widget desktop)
- Battery*Talk time*: up to 15Hr (2G), 7Hr (3G)Standby*: Up to 570hrs (2G) / Up to 570hrs (3G)
- Design Dimension (H x W x D): 123.2 x 63 x 9.69mm
- Weight: 120gBody Design: Curved
- Design Color+: Black, WhiteBand^WCDMA (850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100MHz) + GSM (850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900MHz)
- Network and Data ^HSDPA 14.4Mbps / HSUPA 5.76Mbps / 3G / EDGE / GPRS Class 12Memory▲
- User Memory: 8GB (RAM: 768MB)External Memory: Support MicroSDTM Card (up to 32GB)