A myriad of smartphones are pegged for released this year from Samsung Galaxy S4 to iPhone 6.
Samsung, Apple, HTC and LG will release their smartphones this year. Tech companies are competing for the top spot in the market.
Samsung may extend its dominance in the tech market this year with two powerful devices waiting to be launched - Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and Galaxy S4. The successors of the two most successful smartphones of Samsung are waiting to be unleashed this year. The two devices promise powerful features under its belt.
Samsung announced some great new technologies it has been developing under its wing at the CES event that will be possibly included in the upcoming smartphones of the Korea's electronic giant including the Samsung Galaxy note 3.
Two of the technologies announced by the tech giant from South Korean are the 8-core processor and flexible displays. Samsung confirmed that the technology is almost ready to be used and should appear on upcoming smartphones and tablets.
Apple is set to release the sixth generation of iPhone to reclaim its glory of being on top of the smartphone market.
Below are the top five smartphones that you should wait for this year.
- Samsung Galaxy S4 - Some of the rumoured specifications for the Galaxy S4 include a 5-inch FHD Super AMOLED 1980 x 1080 Flexible Display, 4G LTE connectivity, Android 5.0, Key Lime Pie, a 13-megapixel camera, and Samsung's latest processor, the Exynos 5 Octa that the company introduced at CES.
- iPhone 6 - Reports said that the iPhone 6 will include a "Super HD" screen display and camera. Speculations claimed that it is beyond the Full HD displays in HTC Droid DNA. This notion is backed up by an analyst. According to Jefferies stock analyst Peter Misek, "the iPhone 5S/6 has a new 'super HD camera/screen, a better battery, and NFC,' and 'possible updates include an IGZO screen for Retina+, 128GB storage."
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is rumoured to have a massive 6.3 inches screen display, which nearly an inch larger than the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 which features a massive 5.5-inch HD display and will put it in tablet category. Two of the technologies announced by the tech giant from South Korean are the 8-core processor and flexible displays. Samsung confirmed that the technology is almost ready to be used and should appear on upcoming smartphones and tablets.
- LG Nexus 5 - The successor of LG Nexus 4 coined as Nexus 5 is rumoured to sport a 5-inch full-HD (1920 x 1080) display translating into a pixel density of 440ppi. The device is also speculated to be equipped with NVIDIA Tegra 4 processor with 2GB of RAM, 8/16GB of internal storage, a 13-megapixel auto-focus rear camera with LED flash and a 3-megapixel front-facing camera.
- HTC M7 - HTC M7, on the other hand, is Taiwanese manufacturer's supposed flagship phone this year. The smartphone is rumoured to be powered by 1.7GHz quad-core Snapdragon processor with 2GB of RAM. It will have 32GB of internal storage. HTC M7 is also expected to come with 13-megapixel rear and 2-megapixel front camera.