After a not-so-impressive run with the 2014 flagship Galaxy S5, Samsung is gearing up for the release of the Galaxy Alpha handset. Also, the trust and faith the company has over the upcoming Samsung Galaxy Alpha is very much palpable in the latest promo released recently.
The South Korean conglomerate has utilised quite a lot of marketing expenditure to churn out the incredible one minute promo of the aforementioned device. The metal-clad Galaxy Alpha's look speaks volumes, according to Phone Arena. [Scroll down to watch the video.]
Also it is worth mentioning that, the Galaxy Alpha is touted as Samsung's answer to Apple's upcoming iPhone 6. Interestingly, both the devices share the same display size of 4.7-inch. Apparently, Samsung has used the cardFon (tied to model number SGH-P310) handset released in 2006 as the inspiration for the upcoming Galaxy Alpha.
The company also stated that the stand-out points about the Alpha handset is its metal body and the rounded corners. Notably, Samsung has long been associated with making plastic-looking phones. Hence Galaxy Alpha is the much-required change for the company, owing to the metal-crazy crowd.
Furthermore, the device showcases furrowed exterior and protruding edges on all four sides. The company claims that the protruding corners will make the Galaxy Alpha shock-proof. Meaning, any accidental fall or the impact aftermath will be endured by a larger region. This way, the phone can be protected from being damaged irrevocably.
Based on the earlier reports, key specifications of this Samsung device include:
- 4.7-inch Super AMOLED display and 720 x 1,280 pixels resolution
- Either of octa-core (Exynos) or a quad-core (Qualcomm Snapdragon 801) processor
- A 12 MP rear-facing camera unit
- A 2.1 MP front-facing shooter
- 2 GB of RAM
- 32 GB of internal storage capacity
- No microSD card slot
- 1860 mAh battery unit
- Android v4.4.4 KitKat OS
- Bluetooth v4.0, Wi-Fi, USB and NFC support
- Fingerprint and Gesture sensors
- 6.7 mm thick and 115 g in weight
- LTE Cat. 6 support
Also, the expected Samsung Galaxy Alpha release date is set for Sept. 12. Interested readers should check out this killer promo of the upcoming device. [Source: Samsung's official YouTube channel pertaining to France]
What do you think of the Samsung Galaxy Alpha? Will this be a game changer for Samsung? More importantly, will this device trump iPhone 6? Feel free to leave a comment.
1. iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot - [Read]
2. Killer Motorola Moto G2 To Feature 5-Inch Display, Dual-SIM, 8 MP Camera; Price, Specifications and Images Linked - [Read]
3. Sony Xperia Z3 With 3100mAh Non-Removable Battery; Xperia Z3 Compact, Xperia Z3 Tablet And Smartwatch Roundup - [Read]