Sony Xperia Z1 f or Z1 Mini is real and NTT DoCoMo finally announced the SO-02F model which will be launched in late October 2013. Know the specifications you can expect from the "mini" Z1 smartphone.
NTT DoCoMo Promotion
The Japanese network carrier NTT DoCoMo released a promotional video of the upcoming Sony Xperia Z1 f aka "Z1 Mini" which features almost the same technical specifications and software of its bigger brother.
Xperia Blog caught the formal announcement of NTT DoCoMo alongside with model variants of Xperia Z1 f. Z1 mini will have a model number SO-02F and set for launching alongside with SO-01F or the Xperia Z1 smartphone.
The promotional video revealed exclusive Sony camera applications from Xperia Z1 such as TimeShift Burst and AR Effect.
1. TimeShift Burst allows the user to capture 61 frames within 2 seconds which contains frame per frame photoset where you can choose the best image you like.
2. AR Effects are fun animations added to your images such as dinosaurs and ocean-life.
NTT DoCoMo will release both Xperia Z1 and Xperia Z1 f in late October 2013.
Technical Specifications of Xperia Z1 F
Xperia Z1 f is likely designed to beat other flagship "mini" edition smartphones such as Galaxy S4 mini and HTC One mini with its groundbreaking hardware especially the camera lens. Android Advices detailed the leaked specifications of Xperia Z1 f and just formally announced by NTT DoCoMo.
- Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS
- 4.3-inches of screen display with full HD 1280x720 resolution
- Triluminos with X-Reality display engine
- 20.7-megapixel camera, similar with Xperia Z1
- Sony G lens: 1/2.3" sensor and f/2.0 aperture
- 2.3GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor
- 2GB of RAM
- 16GB internal storage
- 2400 mAh battery
- Runs 150Mbps LTE network from NTT DoCoMo
- Multiple colour variants: Black, white, lime and pink
- Waterproof and dust-resistant: IP55/IP58 ratings
NTT DoCoMo hasn't announced yet the exact price and deals regarding Sony Xperia Z1 f but we can expect details soon before the launching day.