Xperia Z, Sony's flagship smartphone, has been gathering positive reviews since it was unveiled at the CES 2013 event last week. Now rumours in the Android community suggest a 10.1-inch Sony Xperia Tablet Z is also on its way to entice gadget shoppers.
Android Community reported the Sony tablet could arrive within the second quarter of this year. Slash Gear sourced the rumours from the Twitter account of Xperia Info. Details about the supposedly soon-to-arrive Sony Xperia Tablet have been consistent among gadget watchers.
Sony Xperia Tablet Z: Specs Rumours include 10-in Full HD Display
The rumoured Sony Xperia Tablet Z will reportedly be similar in design to Xperia Z smartphone. (Image: GSMArena.com)
Here are the bits of information that Android Community has gathered:
1. Sony Xperia Tablet Z will feature a 10.1 inch Full HD display (1920 x 1080).
2. The Sony tablet will be made robust by a quad-core 1.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro APQ8064 processor and 2GB of RAM. Users will enjoy a 32GB of internal storage.
3. Tablet Z will reportedly run on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean upon launch, and it will make use of a 6,000 mAh battery.
4. The tablet will reportedly have an 8.1MP rear camera and a 2.2MP front camera.
5. Tablet Z will look like a big Sony Xperia X design-wise. This tablet will also be waterproof and dustproof like its smartphone sibling.
6. Sony Xperia Tablet Z will also secure compatibility for NFC, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 and LTE connectivity, according to reports.
It is believed the upcoming Sony tablet will be introduced in Japan prior to international release. It seems the second quarter of the year will see multiple launches of improved tablets. Earlier rumours indicated a March-June announcement from Apple supposedly regarding iPad 5 and iPad mini 2.s