Sony officially posted the details of Xperia T2 Ultra and described the smart camera, brilliant screen and entertainment on the go. Know the features and specs of their easy to carry six inches smartphone.
Sony Xperia T2 Ultra
Sony now allows interested buyers to pre-registers for Xperia T2 Ultra. On their official Web site, you can enter your email address to find out more about the new smartphone, get instant updates and notification when Xperia T2 Ultra will become available for purchase.
In case you are curious about the colour variants Sony prepared for, Xperia T2 Ultra has three design schemes - Black, White and Purple. We can expect more variants in the coming weeks as we wait for the official launching. It is also expected to become available in the United States exclusively from T-Mobile.
1. Display Screen Get vivid visuals from the 6.0-inches of Xperia T2 Ultra with 720p HD resolution, Triluminos display engine and BRAVIA 2 engine for mobile as if watching from the TV.
2. Design It is 7.65 mm thick and weighs 172 g with 73.7 per cent high screen and phone size ratio. Even with 6" of display size, you'll still get portable, light and sleek feeling on Xperia T2 Ultra.
3. One Hand Operation For more convenience, Sony included easy-toggle keyboard for one-hand operation with centralised dial pad and easy to trigger notifications tray.
4. Smart Camera It may not be as powerful as Xperia Z1, but Sony did deliver 13 MP Exmor RS camera sensor which has been made quite the same with Sony's digital cameras. In addition, the camera can perform several modes and HDR capture for images and videos.
5. Camera Apps Like with Xperia devices running Android 4.3 Jelly Bean, Xperia T2 Ultra includes Superior auto, Manual, AR effect, Info-eye, Social Live, Picture effect, Sweep Panorama and Timeshift Burst in the gallery of camera modes.
6. Retouching You can retouch captures using a built-in app called Portrait retouch to make subjects more photogenic and smooth. Changes using different styles can also be in real time before any shots are made.
7. LTE/4G Xperia T2 Ultra is 4G/LTE capable with up to 100 Mbps download speed and 50 Mbps upload speed using mobile data connection.
8. STAMINA mode Of course with Sony, STAMINA mode always appear which enables the device to last longer than usual by managing data syncing intervals, keep apps in the background from draining power and turns off functions you do not need. You can also modify which apps should be active during STAMINA mode. STAMINA mode under standby will halt Wi-Fi and mobile Internet to save more power.
9. Maximum Entertainment Accessorise your Sony Xperia T2 Ultra and get instant entertainment using its NFC chip to connect to a variety of Sony products including Smartwatch, music player, BRAVIA TV, detachable camera lenses and more.
Although it is not as powerful as Xperia Z1 or the upcoming Xperia Sirius, Xperia T2 Ultra still sustain pride for having 6" of screen, quad-core processor and 3000 mAh battery pack. Here are the listing of technical specifications released by Sony.
- Android 4.3 Jelly Bean OS with Xperia Home UI
- 6.0 inches of HD display with Triluminos and BRAVIA engine 2
- 1.4 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor
- Adreno 305 graphics chipset
- 1 GB of RAM
- 8 GB internal storage
- microSD card slot of up to 32 GB support; SDXC supported
- 13 MP rear camera with pulsed LED flash, Burst mode and 16x digital zoom
- 1.1 MP 720p front-facing camera
- Wi-Fi, aGPS, ANT+, Bluetooth 4.0, DLNA, MHL, USB tethering, NFC, USB charging, GLONASS
- 3000 mAh battery with up to 10 hours of video playback