Sheldon Cooper is arguably the funniest and most fascinating character in the hit CBS series "The Big Bang Theory."
Jim Parsons' fantastic portrayal of Sheldon has won him two Emmy awards (2010 and 2011, for Seasons 3 and 4). Parsons is nominated again this year for the same category: Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series.
Warning: There may be Season 5 spoilers below.
Here are 10 things TBBT fans know very well about Sheldon Cooper:
10. Sheldon has an eidetic memory and an IQ of 187.
9. Family: Sheldon's mother, a widow, is a devout Christian. He gets jealous when his mother spends time with his friends, a fact that his girlfriend Amy (Mayim Bialik) made him realize in Season 5. He has a twin sister (Missy) who used to bully him when they were kids. He loves his "Meemaw" (grandmother), who calls him "Moon Pie."
8. Sheldon likes wearing Flash shirts. He really gets into character, especially after a caffeine "overdose."
7. He hates weddings, but would not mind indulging on a make-your-own-sundae feast at the reception.
6. He gives friends a re-orientation after they have pulled a "Strike 3" on him. Otherwise, they will be "banished."
5. Sheldon is not crazy, his mother had him tested. (But his mother had said in an episode in Season 5 that she regrets not getting a second opinion.)
4. He sits in just one spot on the couch (which Leonard bought). Penny (Kaley Cuoco) has memorized his explanation for that: "in the winter that seat is close enough to the radiator so that he's warm, yet not so close that he sweats. In the summer, it's directly in the path of a cross breeze created by opening windows, there and there. It faces the television at an angle that isn't direct so he can still talk to everybody, yet not so wide that the picture looks distorted."
3. Sheldon once referred to Howard (Simon Helberg) as his "treasured acquaintance." (That may have changed since Howard became instrumental to his encounter with the Stephen Hawking in Season 5.) Leonard (Johnny Galecki) is his best friend and he would try anything to keep him in his life, to the extent that he has agreed to observe "Leonard's Day."
2. Sheldon likes to be lulled to sleep with "Soft Kitty" when he is sick. Only Penny and his mother have sung him the song on separate occasions.
1. When he makes a joke, he punctuates it by saying, "Bazinga!" (This catch phrase, an official "Sheldonspeak," has been trademarked by Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.)
Click 'Start' to see some of the funniest Sheldon Cooper memes on Reddit.