Selena Gomez is now 22 years old and has had a very early celebration of her birthday with good friend and model Cara Delevingne in Saint Tropez. The Texan beauty celebrates her birthday on July 22 has yet to be spotted with Justin Bieber. However, looking at her latest pictures, Gomez seems to have no regrets about it and is enjoying her day out with her girl friend.
Here are some interesting facts about the "Come and Get it" singer to mark her birthday celebration.
1. Selena Gomez's mom got pregnant with her when she was just 16-years-old.
2. Her parents named her after famous Tejano singer by the name of Selena who too started her career at a young age of 12 but died three years after Selena's birth. Her name means "moon" in Greek language.
3. Sel, Selly, Selenita and Conchita are some of the names that are used to address the singer.
4. Faves: Selena's favorite colour is green, favorite part of the pizza she likes to eat is the crust and her favorite actress is Rachel McAdams.
5. Her favorite subject in school was Science and she loved to dwell in anything related to earth.
6. "The Wizard of Waverly Place" admitted once that she does not like the "Harry Potter" series.
7. Selena has Lupus - an autoimmune disease which attacks person's organs resulting in leaving her tired and in pain. Selena had to cancel her 2013 tour because of this.
8. She also voluntarily got admitted to a rehab center in January because of depression.
9. Her favorite musicians are Bruno Mars, Rihanna, Skrillex, Cheryl Cole and Britney Spears whose concert she attended at a very young age.
10. Selena reportedly has a crush on ShiaLeBeouf.
11. Names of her dogs are Baylor, Chip, Willy, Fina and Wallace.
12. Gomez has the honour to become the youngest UNICEF Ambassador in the history of the organization in 2009.
Meanwhile check out some of the latest pictures of the birthday girl in the slideshow above. Here's to wishing Selena Gomez a very Happy Birthday!