Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 is one of Samsung's newest arrivals. The Galaxy Note 2 is the Korean tech giant's hit phablet (phone and mini tablet in one) from a year ago. Gadget shoppers exploring cheap Android tablets and phablets for the first time are probably wondering which is better for them between these two. Assuming you don't want to buy both, do you go for a small 7-inch tablet or a 5.5-inch phablet?
In Australia's Mobicity, the 7-inch Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 (8GB WiFi) costs $289.95. The Note 2 (16GB) is $589.95. To really compare the prices of the two, you must look into each device's specs closely.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 vs Note 2: Tablet or Phablet? 5 Reasons to 'Supersize' Your Phone
If the Note 2's price is not really way out your budget, here are 5 of the reasons many phablet users are enjoying this "supersize" phone.
1. Screen Display. The Galaxy Note 2 features a Super AMOLED HD display with a resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels screen. It's 5.5-inch screen may be smaller, but it shows sharper, more beautiful images. The Tab 3's 1024 x 600 pixels is not a strong match.
2. CPU and Memory. The battle here involves Tab 3's dual core 1.2GHz with 1GB RAM versus Note 2's quad-core 1.6 GHz Exynos processor, ARM Cortex-A9 with 2GB RAM. That the smaller screen has a more robust system should make visual satisfaction seekers happy.
3. Camera. The Note 2's 8MP camera easily loses to the Tab 3's 3MP shooter.
4. S Pen. The S Pen does not work with the Tab 3, but users might find some compatible third-party stylus pens. However, the built-in Note 2 S Pen, which is exclusive to S Pen apps, enhances the user experience tremendously.
5. Convenience (Portability). Between carrying two devices and carrying just one for multi-purpose productivity assistance, many users prefer the merged and married Note 2 phablet.
VIDEO: Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Unboxing (Note 2 Comparison)
More Tech, Shopping Features:
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 vs Nexus 7: 5 Reasons to Wait for the New 7-inch Google Tablet [PHOTOS] Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 vs New Nexus 7: Top 5 Dealbreakers for Android Tablet Shoppers [PHOTOS] Samsung Galaxy Tab 3, Note 8, Mega 6.3: Android Shopping for Tablet, Tab with Stylus, or Phablet? [PHOTOS]