Samsung announced in a press release that its Samsung Galaxy S5, Gear Fit, Gear 2 and Gear 2 Neo devices will be hitting 1,400 stores worldwide. Recent reports also suggest that people can go to local Best Buys in the United States and try out the devices. With April just around the corner, when will these devices hit the rest of the world?
Samsung has announced that pre-order for its devices have started. All four devices can now be pre-ordered in the United States and Switzerland initially. Consumers can pre-order the devices through the following carriers: U.S. Cellular and AT&T. Samsung Galaxy S5 is available starting $199.99 under a two-year contract. The two-year contract setup applies to both companies.
AT&T offers the Samsung Galaxy S5 at $649.99 without contract. U.S. Cellular, on other hand, offers the Samsung Galaxy S5 at $659.99 without contract. Consumers can avail of the $50 promotional code if they pre-order through U.S. Cellular.
Reports noted that T-Mobile has started taking pre-orders last March 24. There is no word yet about Verizon Wireless or Sprint. Analysts think that pre-orders for both companies should be around the corner as the official release of the S5 is on April 11.
According to the press release and Samsung's Executive Vice President of Global Marketing, the company has looked into the concerns of consumers. The design of the products is the result of such. Samsung noted that they wanted to reach as any consumers let them experience what the devices can offer.
Following the release in the United States, United Kingdom and Switzerland, the devices will find their way to Brazil, China and Germany among others. Samsung Galaxy S5 comes with the following specs:
- Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- 1080 x 1920 pixels, 5.1 inches (~432 ppi pixel density)
- 16 MP, 5312 x 2988 pixels, phase detection autofocus, LED flash
- Android OS, v4.4.2 (KitKat)
- Qualcomm MSM8974AC Snapdragon 801
- Quad-core 2.5 GHz Krait 400
- Adreno 330
- Wireless charging (market dependent)
- ANT+ support
- S-Voice natural language commands and dictation
- Smart stay, Smart pause, Smart scroll
- Air gestures
- Dropbox (50 GB cloud storage)
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- TV-out (via MHL 2 A/V link)