T-Mobile and Verizon Wireless rolls out a new update for the Samsung Galaxy S5 in the United States. It includes several changes for applications, service support and resolutions for bugs.
Samsung Galaxy S5 New Update
United States network carriers T-Mobile and Verizon Wireless have rolled out a new firmware update for the Samsung Galaxy S5. According to T-Mobile, an update for the Samsung Galaxy S5 has started to rollout since July 31 to move the baseband version to G900TUVU1BNG3 and enable the Voice Over LTE service.
Customers who do not have the previously released VoLTE software must manually request the update via Wi-Fi due to the file size. On top of VoLTE, users will also receive network improvements with the update from the network carrier.
Verizon Wireless Update
Unlike with the update from T-Mobile for Galaxy S5, Verizon released a heavy packed firmware that moves the software version to KOT49H.G900VVRU1ANE9 delivering several changes, app and service improvements, and patches for known bugs. Here are the details according to the official change logs from Verizon Wireless:
- Caller Name ID
- Search icon has been removed within Memo when this is no memo
- Favourite Contact information background is now more readable
- Visual Voicemail works when S View flip cover is closed
- Connectivity has been improved when streaming music
- Stability has been improved for Samsung Gear Manager
- Text alert improvements for select factory installed car kits
- Primary Contacts label has been changed to Emergency Contacts when in Emergency Mode
- Power On password is no longer triggered when voice call is completed or after screen dims
Service Support Added to the Device:
- User selectable video application when uploading to YouTube
- Message+ now supports closed captioning
- Emergency Mode has been updated
- Contact Menu stability has been enhanced
- Easy Mode Settings now includes images
- Downloaded Apps field added to searchable file types in My Files
- Web Search has been added to S Finder
It is recommended to download the firmware using Wi-Fi than mobile data and installation requires at least 50 per cent battery level to avoid power interruption during the process.