Samsung released its latest flagship phone back at the Mobile World Congress. The Samsung Galaxy S5 will be hitting stores worldwide around April 11. Whereas the rest of the specs have been revealed, it is only until recently that reports suggest that there could be a copper gold variant coming. Pre order started last March 28. What regions can get the gold variant?
The Samsung Galaxy S5 gold variant will be available exclusive through Vodafone Social starting March 28. According to a post by Vodafone, James White, Samsung Mobile's Head of IM Strategy & Mobile Product Marketing, shares why the company pursued such design and variant.
"I think design is still one of the most important purchase decision-makers that we hear from our consumers," Mr White noted.
"We've evolved the design with the Galaxy S5 so that it follows on naturally from the Galaxy S4 but, we've also introduced some new elements.
"We've focussed on a 'modern glam' look for our design inspiration for the new Galaxy S5. That's represented in the four colours we've got available, as well as the introduction of texture.
"One of the key things for us is about not only delivering a product that's beautiful and has the best design we can possibly deliver, it also needs to be functional. I think that's one of the big learnings with the Galaxy S5: we've got a stunningly designed product that's also really functional. It's IP67 rated - meaning water and dust resistant - and it's much more 'life-proof' than ever before, which we know is important for our consumers." He added.
People can check with Vodafone how to get the device. The Samsung Galaxy S5 comes with the following features:
Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- 1080 x 1920 pixels, 5.1 inches (~432 ppi pixel density)
- 16 MP, 5312 x 2988 pixels, phase detection autofocus, LED flash
- Android OS, v4.4.2 (KitKat)
- Qualcomm MSM8974AC Snapdragon 801
- Quad-core 2.5 GHz Krait 400
- Adreno 330
- Wireless charging (market dependent)
- ANT+ support
- S-Voice natural language commands and dictation
- Smart stay, Smart pause, Smart scroll
- Air gestures
- Dropbox (50 GB cloud storage)
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- TV-out (via MHL 2 A/V link)
- SNS integration