The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is expected to be launched in September 2014 with quite a lot of updates to its predecessor, Galaxy Note 3, which was released in the same month last year.
Here are some of the rumoured aspects we know, so far:
1. The Galaxy Note 3 took handwriting recognition to a new level aided by a big 5.7-inch screen. This time around, the Note 4 will sport some advanced handwriting recognition feature.
- Users can use their handwriting to unlock the device instead of using an iris or fingerprint scanner. The S Pen stylus is expected to further handle the aforementioned feature.
- The new stylus will let users to provide commands to the device by writing on the lock screen. This requires the user's handwriting to be registered.
2. The recently released Samsung Galaxy S5 did not come with a UHD screen, so it is now expected that the Note 4 might be the first to offer AMOLED Ultra HD, 3,480 x 2,160 pixel display.
3. The Note 3, with a dimension of 151.2 x 79.2 x 8.3 mm did not come with either water or dust proofing, but the Note 4 will be offering water- and dust-resistant surface in the likes of the Galaxy S5.
4. The performance of the Note 3 was lauded by critics and users alike with its Snapdragon 800 quad-core processor clocked at 2.3 GHz.
Arguably, it is one of the fastest phones/phablets available today helped by its RAM of 3 GB, similar to Sony Xperia Z2's offering.
According to The Galaxy Note 4, the Galaxy Note 4, being the next in line, is rumoured to get an advanced hardware design in the form of the recently unveiled 20 nm 4 GB DDR3 DRAM. This new technology is expected to make the device respond to users with lightning speed. The report further notes that the cutting-edge-technology-based component is ready for production.
5. While Apple's iPhone 5s utilises a 64-bit processor already, Samsung has not forayed into the 64-bit processor segment even with its latest release, the Galaxy S5. But this may all change if rumours of the Note 4 having a 64-bit processor hold true. If it does, the Note 4 will be the first Samsung device to feature the processor.
6. According to the report, the Samsung Note 4 phablet could debut with 128 GB on-board storage version.
7. The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is expected to run on Android 4.5, while the Note 3 runs on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean, which is upgradable to Android 4.4.2 KitKat.
8. The Note 4 might house a 3,600 to 3,800 mAh battery, according to The Galaxy Note 4.
9. The Note 3 houses a 13 MP rear camera with auto-focus and LED flash, and a 2 MP front camera, while the Galaxy Note 4 is expected to house a 20.7 MP rear camera, according to rumours spotted by The Galaxy Note 4.
10. Also, the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is likely to have Optical Image Stabilisation. The Note 4's camera is believed to come with 4K recording capabilities.
11. In addition, The Galaxy Note 4 also notes that the Note 4 is expected to have 4G and dual-channel Wi-Fi capabilities.
12. According to the same site, the Samsung Note 4 price might be under $800.
The precedence set by the Galaxy Note 3 is pretty high, owing to the popularity and demand of the device, that the expectations the market has for the Note 4 has doubled.