The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005 is upgradable to Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXUFNF4 and in case the automatic updates did not work, here are the steps to install it manually on the phablet.
Android 4.4.2 KitKat for Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Based on the notes gathered by SamMobile, Galaxy Note 3 gains the following benefits once updated to Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS:
- Revamped lock screen with music album art and camera shortcut
- More emoji icons
- Option to select default messaging app
- Selections of home launchers such as TouchWiz Easy or Basic Home
- New Location Settings
- Wireless Printing support
- Upgrades on Google apps and services
- Updates on Samsung Gear Manager
1. Create a manual backup of all data files and personal settings stored on the Galaxy Note 3.
2. Battery level should be at least 50 per cent to prevent power interruption during installation.
3. Enable USB debugging mode on the smartphone which can be found under the Settings menu.
4. Download the necessary USB drivers for Galaxy Note 3 on the computer. Installing of Samsung Kies on the computer then connecting the phablet will also install the USB drivers.
Warning: We are not responsible for any errors which may occur on the device. Read and follow the instructions to any avoid issue. Do this at your own risk.
1. Turn off the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005 phablet.
2. Reboot into Download mode by pressing and holding volume down, home and power keys at the same time till the Android logo appears.
3. Extract the ODIN flash tool and the official Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware to an easy access location on the computer.
4. Launch the ODIN flash tool on the computer.
5. Connect the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 to the computer using a USB cable.
6. ID:COM should turn yellow if device has been detected by the computer. Otherwise, install the necessary USB drivers as mentioned above.
7. On the ODIN flash tool, select the following files for the installation:
a. Click PDA then select the file with CODE in its name.
b. Click PHONE then select the file with MODEM in its name. If not found, ignore this step.
c. Click CSC then select the file with CSC in its name. If not found, ignore this step.
d. Click on PIT then select the ".pit" file. If not found, ignore this step.
8. Check on the AUTO REBOOT and F.RESET TIME on the ODIN flash tool.
9. DO NOT check the RE-PARTITION option on the ODIN flash tool if there is NO ".pit" file used.
10. Hit the START button to begin installation on the ODIN flash tool.
11. After the installation which may take up to five minutes, the device will restart.
12. Once the smartphone reaches the home screen, it can now be unplugged from the USB connection.
For any bug reports or issues, please send your feedback to Team Android Galaxy Note 3 official Android 4.4.2 KitKat Web page.