Royal Prank Call: Nurse Jacintha Saldanha Autopsy Report Concealed Until Inquest

By on

Autopsy report on London nurse Jacintha Saldanha was accomplished on Tuesday. However, a Scotland Yard spokesman declared the autopsy findings will not be publicly divulged until the coroner releases the report.

"Findings would be announced at the inquest," the police source stated. A short coroner's court hearing on Jacintha Saldanha's tragic death is reportedly due to be announced in London later today and to be adjourned at a later date. The time frame will allow the collection of further evidence.

The 46-year-old nurse reportedly committed suicide after her involvement in a Royal prank call made from Australian radio hosts Michael Christian and Mel Greig at the King Edward VII Hospital where Kate Middleton was treated for severe morning sickness. A suicide note has also been found which the hoax victim left for her husband, Ben Barboza and two children, 17-year-old Junal and 14-year-old Lisha.

Sydney-based 2Day FM radio hosts Michael Christian and Mel Greig are expected to be interrogated by the NSW Police as part of the coronial investigation. Both Greig and Christian, along with the network management, extended their condolences to the nurse's grieving family.

Australia's media regulator Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) has already confirmed their official investigation on the Royal prank call. The authority will most likely force the Southern Cross Austereo to identify the persons with position who gave permission to air the prank call.

British tabloid "Daily Star" stated on Wednesday that the Royal prank call could bring the 2Day FM radio hosts to jail. Failing to name the source of its claims, the newspaper only referred to "lawyers in Australia" when they reported that the 2Day FM management could also be put on trial for failure in obtaining the London hospital's consent to air the recorded conversation.

Argument has now surfaced between King Edward VII Hospital and 2Day FM radio. The London hospital denied the radio network's claim of making numerous attempts in contacting the facility before exposing the prank call to the public.

Join the Discussion