Isabelle Colman, the 17-year-old Brisbane girl who died after falling off a high rise balcony in Surfers Paradise, is being mourned by Australian teens as Schoolies reflect on a young life's loss.
A Facebook page called "R.I.P. Isabelle Colman" has been created as a tribute to the life of the young girl who passed away in a shocking incident at this year's Schoolies. However, the page was removed after an hour. It gathered over a thousand 'Likes,' but some commenters thought the person who created the page -- who did not identify himself -- was not being sensitive to the feelings of Colman's family.
Colman's photo on the Facebook page was also published by the Sydney Morning Herald.
Below is a round-up of what has been reported so far about Isabelle's death.
R.I.P. Isabelle Colman: 5 Things to Know about the Brisbane Teen's Death
1. Isabelle Colman, 17, went to St Michael's College at Ashgrove. She checked-in on the 26th floor of the Chevron Renaissance apartment tower for this year's Schoolies.
2. Police said Isabelle's death was "non-suspicious" because she was alone before she fell off the balcony at 9:30 p.m. Thursday.
3. A number of Schoolies have spoken to media, saying they saw the girl fall off the building. Another witness said he saw her drop into the pool area of the hotel.
4. Counsellors have been sent to the Schoolies venue following the tragic incident, as the school-leavers are left shaken by the tragedy.
5. Three people fell to their deaths from Gold Coast skyscrapers last month.
Alison Terrey, Mt St Michael principal, went to the Schoolies venue to help in providing counselling support for the shocked Schoolies, The Gold Coast reported.
"The college community is deeply saddened by the tragic death of one of our former students at the Gold Coast last night,'' she said in a statement.