UPDATE: Doctors declare Paris Jackson is “physically fine and is getting appropriate medical attention,” after Michael Jackson’s teenage daughter with Debbie Rowe was rushed to the hospital for attempting to kill herself by slitting her wrists and prescription overdose.
Fifteen year-old Paris was rushed from her home at Calabasas, California to a Los Angeles Hospital when a suicide hotline volunteer Paris was talking to moments before, alerted authorities when alarmed enough to make a 911-call on June 5 . Her mother Debbie confirmed the teen’s suicide attempt to Entertainment Tonight.
But what could go wrong for a promising teen daughter of the King of Pop to try to kill herself? Here are the top reasons, according to reports:
1. Big Family Fight When Not Allowed to Watch Concert Citing a report by TMZ, HollywoodLife.com said that shortly before her attempted suicide, Paris was having a hard time to convince her family to allow her to go to a Marilyn Manson concert. A look at Manson tour dates showed that incidentally the singer was set to perform in Los Angeles a day after Paris’s attempted suicide. Manson has a scheduled event at Gibson Amphitheatre at Universal City Walk in Los Angeles, California on June 6.
2. Wade Robson’s Recent Allegation that Michael Jackson was a Pedophile Reports have it that Robson’s claims that Paris’s dad, MJ has molested him years back and Paris has reportedly taken this allegation with a heavy heart, enough to take her own life.
A source said HollywoodLife.com noted that Robson’s accusation has “really thrown her into a tailspin.”
3. Twitter Bullying Resulting from Wade Robson’s Allegation It was not easy for a teen daughter to hear devastating issues about her father, including being a sexual predator. But what didn’t prepare Paris on the latest blow about her deceased dad was the haters rubbing off on her, particularly on Twitter.
“The Twitter bullying she receives and her father being brought back up in the news by Wade Robson’s claims has really thrown her in a tailspin,” the source said, according to HollywoodLife.com.
4. The Impact of Michael Jackson’s Death The King of Pop died on June 25, 2009 of the reported acute propofol and benzodiazepine intoxication after suffering from a cardiac arrest at his home on North Carolwood Drive in Holmby Hills. Almost four years after his death, MJ’s demise remains to have a big impact on the young Paris. What added insult to injury is the effect of Michael’s death to the whole Jackson family, described “with high amount of dysfunction” since the singer’s death.
Paris, said a source, is “still emotionally devastated from Michael Jackson’s death and the high amount of dysfunction in the family.” Paris knew this because she was under the care of Michael’s mom, Katherine. Unable to withstand the misfortune that has befell the family for years, Paris decided to leave the Jackson mansion and moved back in to her birth mom, Debbie Rowe, last month of May.
This was not Paris’s first time to be in the middle of the family issue. In 2012, her dad’s siblings already made their moves to separate Paris and her brother and other siblings from MJ’s mom. A big fight ensued ending in Paris having a physical fight with Janet Jackson. Paris was 14.
5. Alleged Signs of Depression on her Twitter Feed Paris suicide attempt was discovered when authorities responded to a 911-call by a suicide hotline volunteer who was speaking to Paris moments before it was made. Alarmed at Paris, the person on the other end of the suicide hotline initiated to alert the police, who then responded about 1:00 am June 5, Wednesday.
What was Paris sharing to the suicide hotline volunteer? Was she depressed?
According to HollywoodLife.com, her tweets definitely showed “signs of depression.” Described as very “emotional” it looks like Paris was trying to express her feelings on the social network, as if they were cries for help.
Some of these emotional tweets are:
-“So done.” -“Love is dumb and so are you” -“don’t kiss someone one day if you plan on seeing someone else the next day” -“Don’t listen to a word I say/the screams all sound the same” -“can’t satisfy anyone.” -“i wonder why tears are salty?” -“yesterday, all my troubles seemed so far away now it looks as though they’re here to stay”
Are these tweets cries for help? What could her mother have done?
Paris’s family expressed gratitude for the outpouring love from family, friends and fans following the incident, according to ABC News.
Jackson family attorney Perry R. Sanders Jr. released a statement asking the media to respect the family's privacy.
Jackson family lawyer, Perry Sanders: “Being a sensitive 15-year-old is difficult no matter who you are,” the statement said. “It is especially difficult when you lose the person closest to you [her father]. Paris is physically fine and is getting appropriate medical attention. Please respect her privacy and the family’s privacy.”
Jackie, Jermaine, Marlon and Tito Jackson: “Thank you for the outpouring of concern and support for Paris. She is safe and doing fine,” Paris’s uncles said in a statement. “We truly appreciate you respecting our family’s privacy at this time.”
Debbie Rowe: “We appreciate everyone’s thoughts for Paris at this time and their respect for the family’s privacy.”
According to ABC News, the L.A. Fire Department was at Paris’s home at 1:27 am Wednesday, June 5. She was rushed to an L.A. hospital and the doctors has since declared her physically fine and on her way to recovery.
Also READ: ‘X-Factor’ USA 2013: Demi Lovato Reveals Confiding to Simon Cowell, Insists “There’s a Good Guy in there Somewhere” [PHOTOS/VIDEO] Pamela Anderson Looks Red Hot at 45, Flaunting Perky Butt in Photo Shoot for June 2013 Issue of Vogue Brazil [PHOTOS/VIDEO] Omar Borkan Al Gala: A Documentary On “Too Handsome” Guy to Reveal Deportation Story and More! [PHOTOS/VIDEO]