Once Upon a Time Season 3, Episode 2 ("The Lost Girl") aired on Sunday, Oct. 6, on ABC. Emma Swan (Jennifer Morrison) finds herself in Neverland, but she hurts her mom Snow White (Ginnifer Goodwin) in the process.
Peter Pan (Robbie Kay) likes Emma's fire. Once Upon a Time Season 3, Episode 2 launches his game for Emma. Captain Hook (Colin O'Donoghue) calls Pan "a bloody demon." The Dark One (Robert Carlyle) mulls over the complications of saving Henry. And Snow White recalls a time when she got a "push" to believe in herself.
Here is a recap of the highlights of Once Upon a Time Season 3, Episode 2, The Lost Girl:
- Once upon a time, with Prince Charming's fake Excalibur, Snow White struck the Evil Queen and drew a mean slit on her cheek. The placebo effect works in the Enchanted Forest!
- Regina uses a locator spell to fast track their rescue mission. But the Lost Boys locate them instead, and a fight ensues. Prince Charming is hurt. Peter Pan doesn't like it when someone cheats in his game.
- Neverland, the whole island, is a bloody trap, says Captain Hook. He also reveals he got the toxin that almost killed The Dark One on the same treacherous island.
- Peter Pan calls Emma Swan "The Lost Girl." But he makes it clear to her that she's the only one who can save Henry.
- "You haven't forgiven your parents for abandoning you," Pan makes Emma admit it. Once Upon a Time Season 3, Episode 2 is all about taking a good look in the mirror.
- And then Pan tells the Saviour, Henry hasn't forgiven her, either, for abandoning him. (Oops, burn!)
- Belle (Emilie de Ravin) shows up in Neverland to give The Dark One some clarity.
- The rag doll from the OUAT 3 premiere reminds Rumple of his runaway father. Pan's using it to get to him, possibly to begin The Dark One's undoing. (The Seer and Pan both seem to know one thing: Henry, or saving Henry, will be his undoing.)
- "I'm a coward. I'm just like my father," Rumple says in a moment of gutting admission.
- Snow White tells Emma, "It is never too late." Once Upon a Time Season 2 was a very long transition for these two.
- Rumple, in one of his wizard mode ramblings, tells Prince Charming in the past: "Belief must come from within." Emma Swan learns this in the first game she's played with Peter Pan.
- "I feel like I'm an orphan," says Emma. The confession comes as a dagger shoved into Snow White's throat. But it unlocks the map in Pan's game, so now they're moving on to the next level.
- When the game is finished, Emma will be an actual orphan, Pan threatens Emma. Cut to Prince Charming, seeing his wound for the first time. The side of his chest is ripped by a nasty wound. Cut to black.
In the midst of Pan's elaborate game, Hook and Emma are slowly bonding. Check out the slideshow to see some 'Captain Swan' fandom posts on Tumblr.
Neverland and Peter Pan have been introduced, but Tinker Bell is a no-show in Once Upon a Time Season 3, Episode 2. She may or may not have the answer to one question in many viewer's mind: Is Peter Pan good or evil?
Once Upon a Time Season 3, Episode 3, "Quite a Common Fairy" airs on ABC next Sunday, Oct. 13. This is very likely to be Tinker Bell's introduction.
More 'Once Upon a Time' Season 3 and TV Guide Features:
Once Upon a Time Season 3 Premiere Spoilers: See 'Neverland Like You've Never Seen It' [READ] The Mentalist Season 6 Spoilers: Brett Partridge Out as Red John? The Big Lisbon Mistake! [PHOTOS] The Good Wife Season 5 Spoilers: Emotions Explode as Alicia and Cary Leave Lockhart Gardner, Kalinda Chooses Ship [PHOTO, VIDEO]