Nokia X smartphones run Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Nokia X software platform and can use various Android apps and games. But for those who want to view lists from the Play Store, here are the steps to install the Android store and download apps from it to the Nokia X device.
- Nokia X smartphones only: X, X+ or XL.
- Create a manual backup of all personal and data files stored on the Nokia X smartphone. Don't use any automatic or other backup software on a computer.
- Make sure that the battery level is at least 50 per cent before performing any installation.
- Enable USB debugging on the device. Go to Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging.
- Users need to root their Nokia X device. Click here to download the Gandalf Exploit with Framaroot app.
- Download a Root explorer app on the Nokia X smartphone. Users may use other file managing apps.
- Download the Google Apps for Nokia X devices.
Warning: IBT Media is not responsible for any damages or errors which may occur on your Nokia X smartphones. Follow the instructions carefully to avoid damaging your device. Do this at your own risk.
- Unzip Google Apps package downloaded earlier to get the APK installer files.
- Connect the Nokia X device to a computer using a USB cable.
- Copy the rooting APK and all APK files from Google Apps package to the Nokia X root storage.
- Go to the Nokia X smartphone, use the file explorer app and then go to where the APK files were placed.
- Now tap the rooting APK file to gain root access on the Nokia X device. Follow the instructions when prompted.
- Copy the Google Apps APK files to "/system/app" using the file explorer app and change permissions for the files in the device.
- Reboot the Nokia X smartphone.
- Launch the file explorer app and then go to the root storage and install all Google Apps package APK files normally.
- Launch the Google Play Store and confirm Google Account details.
Well done! The Nokia X smartphone can now access both Nokia app store and Google Play Store to get all Android goodies.
Users having issues with the installation may send their feedback to the XDA developer original thread.