The Nokia Lumia 730 (aka selfie phone) will be launched in IFA 2014 on Sept. 4. The Xiaomi Redmi 1S, meanwhile, has recently been released in many regions. Readers who are interested in the budget-friendly Nokia Lumia 730 or the Xiaomi Redmi 1S should check out this comparison.
Surprisingly, both the phones feature the same 4.7-inch display bundled with 720 x 1,280 pixels screen resolution and 312 ppi pixel density.
Although, there is not much revealed on the exterior design of the Xiaomi Redmi 1S, the device comes with a premium-looking exterior. Moreover, Xiaomi Redmi's matte-effect laden back panel is alterable. The company is planning to offer colourful back panels for INR 459 that roughly translates to US$7 and AU$8. At this point, there is no information available on the exterior of the upcoming Lumia 730 handset. However, the predecessor Lumia 630 features a plastic body and comes in vivid colours similar to other Lumia devices. Moreover, the smartphone comes with a highlighter-style shade and the body colour continues to the phone's buttons, giving it a clean-cut look, says Trusted Reviews.
Hardware, Software And Memory
Both the handsets are powered by the same quad-core (Qualcomm Snapdragon 400) Cortex-A7 processor and 1 GB of RAM. However the Xiaomi's processor is clocked at 1.6 GHz, while the Nokia's handset is clocked at 1.2 GHz. Also, the Nokia Lumia 730 runs on Windows Phone 8.1 OS, whereas the Xiaomi Redmi 1S runs on Android OS v4.3 (Jelly Bean) along with MIUI v5. Furthermore, both the handsets come with 8 GB of expandable internal storage capacity.
Camera And Battery
The Xiaomi Redmi 1S smartphone features a good 8 MP primary unit with LED flash and a 1.6 MP front-facing camera unit. The Lumia 730, on the other hand, will house a relatively inferior 6.7 MP rear-facing camera unit with the famous Carl Zeiss lens and a surprisingly good 5 MP front-facing shooter for selfies. Furthermore, both the phones are backed by the same Li-Ion 2000 mAh battery unit.
1. Both the phones come equipped with Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, USB charging and microUSB support.
2. Also, both the handsets support dual-SIM.
3. While the Nokia handset houses nano-SIM, the Xiaomi handset houses mini-SIM.
1. Sony Xperia Z3 Full Specifications Leaked; Sony's New Wearable Gadget With Curved Display And Copper-Gold Xperia Z3 Spotted - [Read]
2. HTC One M8's Plastic-Equivalent 'HTC One E8' Priced At $99.99 With Sprint - [Read]
3. Moto G2 (At $214) vs. Moto G - Early Specifications And Price Comparison- [Read]