The latest Samsung Galaxy Note 4 has recently been launched at the IFA 2014, whereas the upcoming Google Nexus 6 will be unveiled in October. Readers who are interested in purchasing the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 or are waiting for the release of the Nexus 6 should check out this specification, features and price comparison.
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 features a 5.7-inch Super AMOLED display, while Google Nexus 6 will reportedly feature a whopping 5.9-inch display. Both handsets come with a killer 2K display, with the Galaxy Note boasting a screen resolution and pixel density of 1,440 x 2,560 pixels and 515 ppi, and the Google Nexus 6 with a notable 1,440 x 2,560 pixels and an alleged 497 ppi, respectively.
As far as the screen detail goes, the Galaxy Note 4 sports a razor sharp display and much-thinner bezels when compared to the predecessor. Despite this, there is not much difference in the display when viewed from a distance. However, when Galaxy Note 4 is positioned closer, users can see the superiority of the device with no pixelation of any kind, says Phone Arena. Apart from its perforated rear, the device comes with a metallic frame surrounding the plastic corners of the handset, giving it the favored, more polished look than its predecessor. Nevertheless, the information on the exterior of Nexus 6 is unavailable at this point, although it is important to note that its predecessor Nexus 5 comes with a plastic body. While the plastic material does not provide the gadget a sleek appearance, it keeps the weight of the device to a minimum (130 g), says Tech Radar.
Speaking of weight, the Galaxy Note 4 is 0.33-inch thick and weighs 176 g. There is no information available on the Nexus 6 dimension at this time, however.
Hardware, Software And Memory
Interestingly, both handsets are powered by the killer and latest quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 Krait 450 processor, clocked at 2.7 GHz. In addition, the devices are backed by the same 3 GB of RAM.
It is worth noting that Samsung offers an additional processor choice based on the region of release i.e. octa-core (Exynos 5433) processor. However, there is no information available to ascertain when and where such model will be released. The Galaxy Note 4 runs on Android OS, v4.4.4 (KitKat) along with TouchWiz UI on top of it, whereas the Nexus 6 will run on the latest Android OS v5.0 (L), aka Lemon Meringue Pie, out of the box.
When it comes to memory, both smartphones offer 32 GB of in-built storage. While the Galaxy Note 4 supports microSD card for expansion up to 64 GB, the Nexus 6 will not support expandable storage, following the Nexus trend.
Camera And Battery
The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 sports a solid 16 MP ISOCELL rear-facing camera unit with LED flash, whereas the Nexus 6 will house a 13 MP primary unit with LED flash. In addition, the Nexus 6 features a 2.1 MP front-facing shooter while the Galaxy Note 4 boasts a front camera with 3.7 MP.
Both the devices also come with the much-loved optical image stabilization (OIS) and 4K video recording capability. Furthermore, the Galaxy Note 4 houses a much-powerful Li-Ion 3220 mAh battery unit, whereas the Nexus 6 specs are unknown at this point. For reference purposes though, its predecessor Nexus 5 comes with a modest 2,300 mAh battery unit.
1. Interestingly, the Galaxy Note 4 can charge from 0% to 50% in just 30 minutes, according to Phone Arena.
2. Furthermore, there is no dearth of weather-related sensors in both the phones. However, the Galaxy Note 4 comes with additional sensors like UV, heart-rate, SpO2 and gesture-based sensors.
3. The unique selling point of the Galaxy Note 4 is its improved S-Pen stylus. The stylus is housed perfectly in the slot provided in the phablet's body. The S-Pen stylus blends seamlessly to provide a natural writing experience.
4. Also, the Samsung device boasts the popular fingerprint scanner for unlocking the device and also making payments.
5. Dropbox is now offering 50 GB of free cloud storage (Duration: 2 years) for Galaxy Note 4 buyers.
6. Other than supporting the standard connectivity options including NFC, the Samsung device supports Infrared port, while the Nexus 6 doesn't.
7. The Galaxy Note 4 comes with water- and dust-proof exterior. However, it is not certified. Also reports say, the handset can survive up to 30 minutes of underwater (1.5 meters depth) sojourn.
Price And Release Date
Reportedly, the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 will be priced at a whopping €799. However, the U.S. the device's price will be between $799 and $849, says GSM Arena. The Google Nexus 6, meanwhile, could be priced at $499.99 in the U.S., and the European pricing could be €419.99. Also, the Nexus 6 release date is pegged for fall, according to BGR. Nonetheless, the above details have not been confirmed by the aforementioned companies thus far.
Update 07/09 - Corrected the pixel density of Nexus 6.
1. 4.7-Inch And 5.5-Inch Apple iPhone 6 Price Details Revealed For 16GB, 32GB and 64GB Variants - [Read]
2. Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. Sony Xperia Z3 - Specifications, Features And Price Review - [Read]
3. Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Specifications, Features And Price Review - [Read]