Samsung is planning to release a new variant of the 2014 flagship Galaxy S5. The handset is called as Samsung Galaxy S5 4G+.
Apparently, the upcoming Galaxy S5 4G+ will sport identical specifications as the Galaxy S5. However, the difference comes in the form of under the hood configuration. The device will be powered by a superior Snapdragon 805 processor instead of the regular Snapdragon 801 processor. Furthermore, this handset will be launched in Singapore as the first location on Aug. 23. Also, Singapore's SingTel is the first carrier to offer this device. In addition, the Galaxy S5 4G+ will be capable of providing up to 300 Mbps LTE-A download speed ambit, according to Phone Arena.
Also it is worth noting that, the Samsung Galaxy S5 4G+ is not the same as the Galaxy S5 LTE-A. The Galaxy S5 LTE-A has recently been released in several Asian markets with an impressive Quad HD resolution, while the original Galaxy S5 and the upcoming Galaxy S5 4G+ come with Full HD resolutions. In specific, the Galaxy S5 LTE-A handset features a 5.1-inch Super AMOLED display along with 1,440 x 2,560 pixels resolution and a killer pixel density of 576 ppi.
The upcoming Galaxy S5 4G+ model, on the other hand, comes with the same 5.1-inch display, however the screen resolution stands at 1,080 x 1,920 pixels and the pixel density at 432 ppi. Moreover, there is one other phone powered by Snapdragon 805 processor available currently. It is the LG G3 Prime (also referred as LG G3 Cat. 6) specific to Korean markets. The upcoming phones like Galaxy Note 4 and the Nexus 6 are expected to come with the powerful 805 processor from Qualcomm.
Notably, the Snapdragon 805 chipset is the second best processor available at the present time next only to NVIDIA's Tegra K1 processor, according to AnTuTu's ranking based on under the hood performance. Furthermore, the Galaxy S5 4G+ is priced between 0 SGD and 688 SGD in Singapore (based on the plan) that roughly translates to US$550 and AU$593. However, the availability of this handset outside Singapore is not known at this point.
Samsung Galaxy S5 4G+ handset's key features that are similar to the Galaxy S5 include:
- 16/32 GB internal storage
- microSD support for expansion up to 128 GB
- 2 GB RAM
- 16 MP rear-facing camera with LED flash and 2 MP front-facing shooter
- Android OS, v4.4.2 (KitKat)
- User-replaceable Li-Ion 2800 mAh battery unit
- NFC/ Infrared port support
1. iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature 828 x 1472 Resolution, Faster Qualcomm MDM9625 Modem; Misconstrued 1 GB RAM Debunked - [Read]
2. Killer Discounts In The Advent Of iPhone 6 Release: Apple iPad Mini At $199, iPad Air Gets $130 Off And Beats Headset Gets 10% Off - [Read]
3. Sharp Aquos Crystal Smartphone At $239.99 Features 5-Inch Edge-To-Edge Display, 2040-mAh Battery And 1.5 GB RAM - [Read]