Moto X+1, the successor of 2013 Moto X is still not official. However leaks pertaining to the upcoming Moto X+1 release are quite rife. Freshly leaked images picked up by the tech portal Android Police shows the Moto X+1 (also referred as Moto X2) like never before. Notably, the device was photographed from every possible angle to provide a wholesome view of the announced device.
In hindsight, the 2013 Motorola Moto X was launched in August. The phone was a good surprise to both users and critics alike especially because it came from the troubled Motorola unit. Moto X bundles the incredible voice recognition technology along with customizable rear panel option through Motorola Moto Maker and a price that is just right, according to Phone Arena.
With August nearing close, it is time for Motorola to refresh the Moto X brand with Moto X+1 (Moto X2). The freshly leaked images look like the "near-final" prototype of the Moto X+1.
It is worth noting that, Lenovo acquired Motorola Mobility in the first quarter of 2014 from Google. However, the upcoming Moto X+1 was designed by Google and not by Lenovo. Hence it is safe to assume that Moto X+1 will come with similar design features of the Moto X.
Interested readers should check out the killer near perfect Moto X+1 image from Android Police.
Going by the image, the dual speaker is located on the front side of the phone and the rear panel is a replaceable one as expected. The Moto X+1 in the image features a wooden rear cover and a plastic Motorola logo embedded in the middle of the rear panel. The other noticeable features include a huge opening for the primary camera unit and dual LED flash. Apparently, the prototype did not house a microSD card slot.
Here are some of the rumoured specifications of the upcoming Moto X+1:
- 5.1-inch display with 1,080 x 1,920 pixels screen resolution
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor
- 2 GB of RAM
- 32 GB of internal storage capacity
- No microSD card support
- 2900 mAh battery unit
- 12 MP rear-facing camera unit and a 5 MP front-facing shooter
- NFC support
- 4K video recording capability
According to reports, the Moto X+1 release date is slated for summer end. Furthermore, the much-anticipated Moto 360 smartwatch could also be launched along with the upcoming Moto X+1.
1. Fresh Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Images Leaked: 4.8-Inch Metallic Body Could Give Competition to 4.7-Inch iPhone 6 - [Read]
2. Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 Specifications Leaked: 5.15-Inch Display, Android 4.4.4 OS, 801 Processor and More - [Read]
3. Top 10 Killer Smartphones From AnTuTu Benchmark Testing - Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Scores Higher Than Galaxy S5 - [Read]