Microsoft has resumed its roll out of the the Windows Phone 7.8 update for the Nokia Lumia smart phones after a two-day halt.
Microsoft heed users' complaints about the latest Live Tiles update causing data update failure and battery drainage. Microsoft resolved the issues with new update enhancements.
Microsoft assured the users to get the following features with the latest Windows Phone 7.8 update:
1. Start. The option offers the resizable small, medium and large Live Tiles that allows users to customize it.
2. Accent Colors. The Windows Phone 7.8 update has now increased its number of available accent colors to 20.
3. Lock Screen. Users can experience an enhanced lock screen protection. The feature has an additional accidental wipe protection features as well as the Bing image of the day wallpaper.
4. Marketplace and Xbox. The Windows Phone Marketplace and Xbox support was broadened to other countries and regions.
5. Fonts. The Windows Phone 7.8 update has improved Chinese fonts and support with the other languages has been expanded as well.
It appears that the Windows Phone 7.8 update will be rolled out to the unlocked smart phones. As of today, users can manually check the "Settings" for updates if they did not receive any notification.
Other features included in the Windows Phone 7.8 update are Internet Sharing, Bluetooth Sharing, imaging enhancements like Camera Extras and more applications such as Contact share, Play To and Nokia City Lens.
The identified Nokia Lumia smart phones capable of receiving the Windows Phone 7.8 update are the Lumia 510, 610, 710, 800 and 900. However, the Windows Phone 7.8 update does not offer equivalent performance with the Windows Phone 8 update experience.
Windows Phone 7.8 update is a "lite" version of the Windows Phone 8 update. Nokia Lumia users will not experience a Windows Phone 8 experience since some of the applications designed for the Windows Phone 8 update will not function properly with the Windows Phone 7.8 update.