MH370: Widow Confirms Pilot in Control; His ‘Secret Plan’ Retrieved

  @AringoYenko on
A woman, whose son was aboard the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370, reacts after she and other family members failed to express their appeals to the airline outside its office in Beijing June 11, 2014. Months of searches have failed to turn up any trace of the missing Boeing 777, which disappeared on March 8 carrying 239 passengers and crew shortly after taking off from Kuala Lumpur bound for Beijing.

Faisa Shah, Pilot Zaharie Ahmad Shah's widow, has confirmed he was in control of the missing MH370 the night it went missing on March 8. It flew off course from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing.

''Shah was the man who said, 'Goodnight Malaysian 370,'  the last words anyone heard from the aircraft," Widow Faisa Shah said.

The confirmation was made through an interview with Geoff Taylor and Ewan Wilson, authors for "Good Night Malaysian 370: The Truth Behind the Loss of Flight 370."

They claimed the widow's confirmation they got was a major breakthrough in the mystery surrounding the missing flight.

 ''In the three months-plus since the flight went down no one in the media has been able to get close to Zaharie's widow. We were lucky to get confirmation from her that it was him who was at the helm. It's a breakthrough, because that was an unknown until now," Taylor told Waikato Times.

Taylor is Waikato Times' deputy editor while Wilson is a seasoned commercial pilot and former chief executives to two airlines.

They both traveled to Malaysia to interview credible sources they can quote for their book. They first contacted Shah's brother-in-law Asuad Khan, who made the phone interview with pilot's widow possible.

Wilson said their thorough investigation ended in ''one shocking and unbelievable conclusion'' that the lost of MH370 was deliberate and Ahmad Shah was the culprit. But Malaysians objected this conclusion.

"Pilots are very well respected there and they rejected the implication he could be involved. It's a much more palatable option that it could have been something mechanical. We went over there with an open mind. It sounds corny, but we really are pursuing the truth. It's going to be interesting to see how this book will be received," Wilson said.

Meanwhile, Malaysian police investigators were able to retrieved Ahmad Shah's home flight simulator which was deleted from his home computer, The Sunday Times reported.

The flight  simulator was programmed to travel a flight path toward the most isolated parts of the Southern Ocean and thereby taking the plane on a small runway in an unknown island.

The authorities also found Ahmad Shah stopped planning for his social and professional life prior to taking the flight. Details of this were not yet made public since investigations are ongoing.

"The police investigation is still ongoing. To date no conclusions can be made as to the contributor to the incident and it would be sub judice to say so. Nevertheless, the police are still looking into all possible angles," Malaysian police said in a statement.

Join the Discussion