LG finally unveiled its new flagship phone, the G3. The phone is already creating a huge round in terms of its features, this might be the reason why it got launched in six different cities at the same time.
The key features of LG G3 are:
- Size: 146.3 x 74.6 x 8.9mm
- Weight: 149g
- 5.5-inch Quad HD IPS (2560 x 1440, 538ppi)
- 2.5GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor
- 2/3GB of RAM (depending on model)
- 16/32GB memory (depending on model)
- microSD support (up to 128GB)
- 13-megapixel camera with OIS+ and Laser Auto Focus
- 2.1-megapixel camera front-facing camera
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth Smart Ready (Apt-X), NFC, SlimPort, A GPS/Glonass, USB 2.0
- 4G LTE
- 3,000mAh user-removable battery with wireless charging support
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat with several custom apps on top
The first visible feature on LG's new phone is its huge screen which makes stand out among competitors. It has a 5.5-inch screen, larger than the 5.1 inches of Samsung's Galaxy S5, 5.2 inches of Sony Xperia Z2, 5.0 inches of HTC One (M8) and the much ruling 4.0 inch Apple iPhone 5s.
The LG G3 is 146.3mm tall and weighs 149 grams. It comes with a big screen but it is smaller and lighter to carry which is quite handy as compared with some of the high-end phones such as the 146.8mm and 163 grams for Sony Z2.
The eye catching feature of the phone is its display. It has a Quad HD 2560 x 1440 pixel display with 538 pixels per inch with four times the resolution of HD and almost two times higher (1.8x) resolution than a Full HD display.
The LG G3 comes with a floating arc design and slim side providing a comfortable grip while carrying it all the time. It will also flaunt a newly designed power key and volume buttons with premium quality materials and finish. It has a plastic body, stylish metallic skin with matte finish and fingerprint free look. The LG G3 will be offered in five different colours: Metallic Black, Silk White, Shine Gold, Moon Violet and Burgundy Red
In addition, LG G3's 13 megapixel camera has the world's first laser focusing system which is fast and works as a default so that it focuses and takes photos by just tapping on the screen
The security system of the phone is high as it has a new unlocking system of secret knock pattern to unlock the phone. It also has the 'Content Lock' which will keep certain files hidden even when the phone is unlocked.
LG follows its motto of 'Simple is the new smart' by introducing 'Smart Notice' to the Android operating system. It is a notification system that will remind to do things that might have been overlooked.