LG G2 Mini will be making its debut with a global launch in April. In the previous version, LG G2 failed to make an impact, but the Korean company is trying again with a compact version in 2014.
LG announced the LG G2 Mini would start shipping to selected Russian territories in April. In the following weeks, global markets like Europe, Latin America, the Middle East, Africa and Asia can expect the same.
But LG has not announced the price for the mini phone as yet.
According to Dr. Jong-seok Park, president and CEO of LG Electronics, "The compact G2 mini offers a combination of design, hardware & UX features previously unavailable in its class, making it a very attractive option for mid-tier markets."
"With the G2 mini, our objective is to allow a much larger consumer base to be able to experience the key benefits of the G2 UX in a smaller form factor. And to that end, we're confident we've succeeded with the G2 mini," Dr. Park added.
1. G2 Mini sports a 4.7-inch (540 x 960 pixels) display, with IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen (16M colors).
2. There will be four color options, including titan black, lunar white, red and gold (region dependent).
3. Mini runs on Android 4.4 KitKat OS and comes with 1 GB RAM.
4. It has an 8 MP rear camera with flash and a 1.3 MP front camera (13 MP for Latin American variant).
5. There is an 8 GB on-board storage with microSD card support. LG G2 Mini will be available in several variations - 3G/4G LTE, Single/Dual SIM.
6. G2 Mini has a removable 2440mAh battery.
7. Mini weighs 121 grams and has the following dimensions 129.6 mm x 66.0 mm x 9.8 mm.
8. The LTE and 3G versions feature 1.2 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 600 processors - MSM8926 (LTE)/ MSM8226 (3G).There is also a Latin America LTE variant that will feature a 1.7 GHz Nvidia Tegra 4i chipset.
9. It supports Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n), A-GPS and NFC (4G LTE).
10. The add-ons include Plug & Pop, Clip Tray and Capture Plus. There is an interesting "Guest Mode," which can be enabled to restrict access for guests.