Kourtney Kardashian and Scott Disick have just moved into their dream home earlier this year but the move was not all smooth sailing. Before the family could settle in, they discovered the presence of rats in the house and needed to call in a professional exterminator to get the problem under control. A few months later, they have now reportedly found out that the house is also infested with dangerous mold.
Reality TV stars Kourtney and Scott along with their two children, Mason, 4 and Penelope, 2, have moved out of their previous home into a bigger house to accommodate their growing family. Kourtney is currently expecting their third child and in this season's "Keeping Up With the Kardashians," they shared some scenes from their move.
In the reality show, Kourtney and Scott faced a dilemma before they were able to move in due to the discovery of rodents crawling around the house. Kourtney refused to move in until the problem had been resolved. After exterminators handled the problem, the family was finally able to move in. The stay was short-lived because they all needed to pack up and head across the country to The Hamptons to open a DASH store and film "Kourtney and Khloe Take The Hamptons."
The family stayed east side for nearly three months since early June and have since returned to Los Angeles. This week, upon returning, they reportedly found out that their dream home has even more problems than they initially thought. TMZ reports that Kourtney discovered that the mansion is infested with mold which could potentially be dangerous. The pregnant reality star also has two children to think about and they have reportedly checked into the Beverly Hills Montage Hotel to avoid exposure to the dangers in their home.
The mansion was previously owned by professional football player Keyshawn Johnson and reports state that the problem was not initially evident due to a fresh coat of paint that is masking the mold. Meanwhile, days after claims of a cover-up surfaced, Johnson issued a statement through his lawyer saying that he never repainted the home before selling it and that it was inspected thoroughly by the buyer's group before the sale was made. The mold, which was reportedly found in the master's bedroom might have been caused by water leaked through a broken pipe. The incident occurred after the house had already been sold to the Kardashian-Disick family.