iPhone 5S and iPhone 6 release date is happening in September, says the hodge podge of tech rumours circulating online. Depending on the specs, Apple iOS phone shoppers could either be heard screaming "Take my money!" or "No, thanks!"
Some rumours are pointing out the iPhone 5S will be unveiled with iPhone 5C, not 6. This twin launch will merely be an advance party for 2014's cutting-edge Apple smart phone, reports hint.
Meanwhile, the existence of an iPhone 5C is almost guaranteed in the mix of rumours. It is the first cheap iPhone, says the reports. This blogger has several photos of the rumoured phone. Instead of the sophisticated metal body, the cheaper phone is expected to come in plastic and less stellar specs.
It is easy to get lost in the mix of Apple iPhone rumours, but if you're phone shopping in the holiday, you'd want to know what others claim to know - so far. For instance, unconfirmed reports also say the iPhone 6 will be Apple's first phablet. It will reportedly be the iOS counterpart of the upcoming Samsung Galaxy Note 3, another exciting Android device.
Here are the iPhone 5S specs that speculators are expecting on the release date. Apple is believed to be making a September unveiling. The new phone is expected to run on iOS 7 and a range of new colours. (Check out the slideshow for some new iPhone photos - concepts and "leaks" - on the Internet.)
- Bigger and/or sharper screen. Apple's current flagship phone, the iPhone 5, sports a 4-inch screen display of 1136 x 640 pixels (326 ppi). This screen will reportedly expand and the bezels will get slimmer. Others will like it, some won't care much.
- Camera with f/2.0 aperture. The iPhone 5 specs, particularly its screen display and camera (8MP), make a good gadget for snaps and shows. Some users could be thrilled by a larger aperture opening, allowing more light to come through in low light conditions. Others, however, would just say, 'Bah. I have a trusty point and shoot for that.
- Faster, more robust A7 quad-core processor. It's only good when iPhone users are heavy media consumers. Light to moderate users would hardly notice that they could use improved speed and memory. After all, it is mandatory for new phones with sharper display to enhance the supporting system. Depending on the extent of improvement, this might not mean much and might not even compete well with the latest Android processors.
- NFC (Near-Field Communication). The iPhone 5 release disappointed many for the phone's lack of NFC feature. It is also believed the NFC could have seen lots of enhancements in the past year if Apple has introduced it in 2012.
- Fingerprint scanner. This fancy iPhone security feature makes a lot of sense for a lot of reasons. More than keeping others off your phone, some electronic processes can run smoother with faster and secure identity check. This is one truly attractive feature.
Overall, the iPhone 5S release date does not hold much promise when it comes to specs. But you can expect the "Shut up and take my money" memes to go around blogs and social media sites once the unveiling has happened.
More Apple, iPhone, and Tech Shopping Features:
iPad Mini 2 Release Date vs iPad 5 Hype: Prices, Features to Beat New 2013 Android Devices? [PHOTOS] Evasi0n Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3, iOS 7: Evad3rs Releasing Twin Jailbreak Soon? (Plus: See iPhone 5 on New Apple OS Beta 6 Photos) [READ] Samsung Galaxy S3 vs Galaxy S4: Old Android Phone or the 2013 Flagship for Newbies? [VIDEO, PHOTOS]