The new iPad 4 bumped with huge 128 GB storage capacity will start selling today.
The tablet will have a capacity of 128GB compared with the current model, which comes with 16GB, 32GB or 64GB. Nothing else has changed, so this remains a fourth-generation iPad rather than an entire new model.
The new models cost in at $799 for the Wi-Fi only, or $929 for the version with 4G LTE connectivity. That's $100 more than the 64GB model, which is $100 more than the 32GB model, which is $100 more than the 16GB iPad. The end result is that Apple can make a healthy profit on those buying the top-of-the-line model, with nearly all of it coming from the storage.
All versions of the 128GB iPad will be sold through the Apple Online Store, Apple retail stores and select Apple Authorized Resellers. There is a chance that the device will also land on online resellers such as eBay and Amazon after a few days.
"With twice the storage capacity and an unparalleled selection of over 300,000 native iPad apps, enterprises, educators and artists have even more reasons to use iPad for all their business and personal needs," said Apple senior vice president of marketing Philip Schiller.
Last year, iPad remained as the dominant tablet in Australia holding 62 percent of the tablet market. Android accounts to 36 percent of the market. However, it is expected to increase with the release of the new mobile software Android Jelly Bean. Android devices also contribute in increasing the popularity of Google's software.
Below are the five reasons why you should consider buying the new tablet.
- Massive Storage - One of the perks of 128GB storage is it allows to store a lot of data. Apple senior VP of Worldwide Marketing Philip Schiller said that the device was meant at the users, who had special tasks to do like photography, video editing, business uses and more.
- Best Tablet for Business - As per Apple, the iPad continues to make a huge impact on business "with virtually all of the Fortune 500 and over 85 percent of the Global 500 currently deploying or testing iPad." Well, a heavy-memory iPad will be ideal for companies that use large amounts of data as they want to work with 3D CAD files, music tracks, video editing, X-rays, project blueprints and more.
- Best Screen Display - The latest iPad will sport the same, old 9.7 inch screen display with 2048x1536 pixel resolution.
- Powered by Latest Apple Processor and Operating System - The latest iPad is powered by A6X chip processor and the latest iOS 6.
- Worthy Price - Although the upgraded iPad 4 costs more than the original iPad, one can assure that it is worth the price. The device is widely used in areas like high resolution medical imaging, electronic flight bags for pilots and high-end video or music multimedia work.