Josh Hutcherson is no doubt one of the most popular actors in today's Hollywood since he started his career in the early 2000's. Known for his role as Peeta Mellark in "The Hunger Games" film series, Josh recently snagged the Best Male Performance award in the movie's second instalment "Catching Fire" in the 2014 MTV Movie Awards.
Based on a best-selling novel series by Suzanne Collins, "Hunger Games" is the actor's biggest film but earned several awards from his previous projects including four out of eight nominations for Best Leading Young Actor. He was cast as Petta Mellark on April 4, 2011 in the "Hunger Games" series opposite Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss Everdeen.
Here are the five things you don't know about Josh Hutcherson on playing the role as Peeta Mellark.
1. On the first instalment of the film, the 21-year-old actor received mostly positive reviews for his performance. "[Hutcherson] brings humor and a bruised heart to a boy who needs to mature fast," according to CNN. He was also awarded on the same year as the "Next Mega Star" in the 2012 NewNewNext Award and "Breakthrough Performer of the Year" in the National Association of Theater Owners' 2012 CinemaCon Award.
2. Thanks to the success of "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" which brought in $420 million at the box office, the movie is officially Josh's most successful film.
3. When asked about the changes on Peeta for the film's third instalment, "Mockingjay Part 1," Hutcherson revealed that he nervous about playing the role. "I've always thought that the arc that Peeta takes is really incredible throughout the whole book series," he revealed in an interview with Sugarscape. From the beginning he's such a vulnerable young lad, and into the literally tortured, inflicted kind of PTSD-suffering person that he becomes in the third book is kind of incredible. It's something I'm excited about. I'm nervous about portraying it because I've never gone crazy before in a movie."
4. After six months of non-stop filming, the Kentucky-born star took some time off and brought home two golden popcorn at the 2014 MTV Movie Awards. When asked how he felt about winning, he said: "Yeah, I feel so f---ing good. It's a f---in' awesome moment!" After winning several awards under his belt, Josh was very ecstatic to receive the award and thinks that is the coolest thing in the world.
5. When asked if he were to enter in the world of "Hunger Games" how good is he to survive in the arena. "Okay. I'm a modest person, I swear to God, but I think I'd be really good in the Hunger Games," says Josh in an interview with Den of Geek. I'm a very outdoorsy type of person - I love the wilderness; I grew up playing in the woods; I love camping and hiking; I'm fast; I play sports; I'd be good at fight training... I feel like I'd be alright. I feel like I might have a good chance at surviving."