HTC One Mini users will be getting the latest version of Android KitKat 4.4.2 soon. Mo Versi, HTC's executive director of product management, tweeted he had received technical approval and the update should arrive by end of this week over-the-air.
Also AT&T has confirmed the latest 4.4.2 version of Android KitKat with HTC Senses 5.5 for HTC One Mini is on its way. According to reports, the software upgrade is 658 MB in size and can be downloaded over a Wi-Fi connection.
There were several enhancements packed with the software update:
1. Camera can be accessed from the lockscreen with the addition of a new icon.
2. A call from an unknown phone number will make the phone look for matches from businesses with a local listing on Google Maps.
3. HTC's Blinkfeed app gets extra menus to add more news sources. It also provides quicker access to switch content sources and search for custom topics.
4. Sense 5.5 will see a redesigned interface with status and navigation bars.
5. A new "immersive mode" enables fullscreen viewing of books, videos and games.
6. The ability to look up contact information straight from the dial pad for those constantly used numbers/contacts.
7. A new built-in email client that has the look of Gmail and the interface allows in-line editing.
8. The new update brings in "color emoji support" and enhanced "closed captioning support."
9. Users can control music from the lockscreen with this update.
10. This update flaunts stronger security and enhanced Bluetooth.
11. The Phone clock has an additional analog user interface.
12. Highlighted words and phrases can be Googled or shared with the new copy and paste option.
HTC One Mini users can expect to see an update notification within a couple of days.