The HTC One E8 (aka HTC One Ace) was released in June, whereas the Nokia Lumia 930 has recently been released in July 2014. Both the phones pack high-end features, and terrific hardware/software performances. Readers who are interested in the HTC One (E8) or the Nokia Lumia 930 should check out this specification, features and price comparison.
Display, Exterior And Size
Interestingly, both the handsets feature the same 5.0-inch display with 1,080 x 1,920 pixels screen resolution. In addition, the pixel densities of both the devices stand at 441 ppi. The difference comes in the form of the display technology used by both the companies. While the HTC One E8 uses Super LCD3 technology, the Nokia handset comes with AMOLED screen.
When it comes to the exterior, the Nokia Lumia 930 stands out with bright and vivid colours that Nokia handsets are known for. Also, the back panel of the handset is made of polycarbonate material that bends seamlessly around to touch the front side of the phone. On the other hand, being the plastic-variant of the HTC One M8, the HTC One E8 is made of polycarbonate material. The HTC One M8's brushed metallic unibody is replaced with a plastic chassis in the One E8. Thus, the phone's weight is reduced from 160 g (of HTC One M8) to only 145 g.
The thickness and the weight of Lumia 930 are 0.39-inches and 167 g respectively. Whereas the HTC One E8 is 0.39-inches thick and it weighs 145 g.
Hardware, Software And Memory
The Lumia 930 is powered by a quad-core (Qualcomm Snapdragon 800) Krait 400 processor, clocked at 2.2 GHz. The One E8, on the other hand, is powered by a superior quad-core (Qualcomm Snapdragon 801) Krait 400 processor, clocked at 2.5 GHz. Moreover, both the handsets house the same 2 GB of RAM.
While Nokia Lumia 930 runs on the latest Windows Phone 8.1 OS, the One E8 runs on Android v4.4.2 KitKat OS with HTC's Sense 6.0 UI. Also, the Nokia device comes equipped with 32 GB of internal storage, whereas the HTC handset comes with 16 GB of memory. While the One E8 supports microSD card for expansion up to 128 GB, the Nokia handset doesn't.
Camera And Battery
The HTC One E8 sports a 13 MP rear-facing camera unit with LED flash and a 5 MP front-facing shooter. The Lumia 930, meanwhile, comes with a whopping 20 MP PureView primary camera with dual-LED flash and OIS in addition to a 1.2 MP secondary camera unit.
While the Lumia 930 houses a 2420 mAh battery unit, the One E8 houses a slightly better 2600 mAh battery unit.
HTC One E8
1. Both the phones do not feature dust/water proof exteriors, unlike the Galaxy S5 and Xperia Z2.
2. Both the phones come equipped with Bluetooth v4.0, Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi hotspot, LTE and NFC support.
3. In addition, both the phones house nano-SIM. Furthermore, the One E8 supports dual-SIM mode, while the Lumia 930 doesn't.
4. Also, the Lumia handset comes with a built-in wireless charging capability, while the HTC handset doesn't.
5. The HTC One E8 comes in white, red, grey and black hues, whereas the Nokia Lumia 930 comes in bright orange, green, white, and black colours.
1. With Galaxy Note 4 Release Date Approaching, Samsung Released A Teaser Highlighting S Pen (Stylus) And Handwriting - [Read]
2. BlackBerry Passport Full Specifications Revealed: Snapdragon 800, 3450-mAh Battery, 13 MP Camera With OIS, NFC And More - [Read]
3. Sony Xperia Z3 Tablet, Samsung Galaxy Alpha And Sony Smartwatch Release Date Roundup [Images Leaked] - [Read]