The HTC Desire 816 was released in May, whereas the LG G3 Beat (aka LG G3 S, LG G3 Mini) was launched in July and the device is expected to be released in Q3 2014. Readers who are interested in the HTC Desire 816 or the upcoming LG G3 Beat should check out the specifications, features and price comparison.
Display And Size
The HTC Desire 816 features a phablet-like 5.5-inch Super LCD2 display bundled with 720 x 1,280 pixels screen resolution. The LG G3 Beat, on the other hand, will feature a relatively smaller 5-inch IPS LCD display with the same resolution as the HTC device. In addition, the pixel densities of HTC and LG handsets stand at 267 ppi and 294 ppi respectively.
The HTC Desire 816 comes with a glossy polycarbonate plastic exterior unlike the metallic look of the high-end HTC One M8. Also, the matte effect surrounding the corners of the phone provides a solid, likeable look to the handset, says Trusted Reviews. However, there is no information available on the exterior of the upcoming LG G3 Beat handset at this point.
The thickness and the weight of the LG G3 Beat are 0.41-inch and 134 g respectively, whereas the HTC Desire 816 is 0.31-inch thick and weighs 165 g.
Hardware, Software And Memory
Interestingly, both the handsets are powered by the same quad-core (Qualcomm Snapdragon 400) Cortex-A7 processor. While the HTC's processor is clocked at 1.6 GHz and backed by 1.5 GB of RAM, the LG device settles for 1.2 GHz and 1 GB of RAM.
In addition, both the devices run on Android v4.4.2 KitKat OS. However, the HTC Desire 816 utilises HTC's Sense 6.0 UI on top of Android OS. Furthermore, both the handsets come with 8 GB of internal storage and microSD card support for expansion. Nevertheless, the expansion limits of HTC Desire 816 and LG G3 Beat stand at 128 GB and 64 GB respectively.
Camera And Battery
The HTC handset sports a solid 13 MP rear-facing camera unit with LED flash, whereas the LG phone houses an 8 MP primary camera with LED flash. In addition, the HTC device houses a surprisingly good 5 MP front-facing shooter, whereas the LG G3 Beat comes with a 1.3 MP snapper.
Furthermore, the G3 Beat houses a good Li-Ion 2540 mAh battery unit, whereas the Desire 816 handset comes equipped with a similar Li-Po 2600 mAh battery unit.
1. Apart from the standard connectivity options, the LG G3 Beat supports NFC, while the HTC Desire 816 doesn't.
2. The LG G3 Beat will come in black, white and gold hues, whereas the HTC Desire 816 handset comes in black, white, red/orange, green and gray shades. However, not all colours are widely available.
3. While the LG handset supports micro-SIM, the HTC device supports nano-SIM. In addition, the HTC Desire 816 supports dual-SIM, whereas the LG device doesn't.
1. Super-Slim Samsung Galaxy Alpha Promo Showcases Ravishing Metallic Design Of The Handset [Watch Video] - [Read]
2. 3 Killer Nexus Devices Coming Soon: 5.2-Inch Nexus/Moto S Smartphone, 5.9-Inch Nexus 6/X Phablet & 8.9-Inch Nexus 8 Tablet - [Read]
3. iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot - [Read]