Samsung Galaxy S4 is rumoured to have a stock Android version, free from TouchWiz and will enjoy timely updates from Google similar to the Nexus line. The said variant will have an unlocked bootloader for added flexibility and for users to flash custom ROMs such as OMEGA v3.0.
Omega v3.0 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean has been fully modded to run on Samsung Galaxy S4 and unlocked variants can enjoy the following features:
- Call recorder
- Long press 'menu' to kill app
- Hide SMS from call logs
- Exit menu for stock browser
- Camera shutter sound on/off
- Flash Player
- Omega Files, Themes and other customisation
- ES File Explorer
- Removal of all Bloatware
1. Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500/I9505 only.
3. Install the necessary USB drivers for Galaxy S4.
4. Create a backup of all personal information and data files on your device.
5. Custom recovery such as ClockworkMod or TWRP
7. Enable USB debugging mode on your smartphone.
8. Battery level must be at least 50 per cent to avoid interruption.
1. Connect your Samsung Galaxy S4 to your computer and copy the downloaded custom ROM on its SD card.
2. Switch the device and disconnect it from the computer.
3. Press and hold Volume up + Home + Power keys to reboot into Recovery mode. Let go of the buttons once your see the Samsung logo.
4. Inside the Recovery mode, create a backup of the current ROM. Select "backup and restore > backup." You can restore it anything in case something goes wrong.
5. Back Recovery mode menu, select "wipe data/factory reset", "wipe cache partition", and "advance > wipe dalvik cache."
6. After the wipe, select "install zip from SD card > choose zip from SD card." Choose the Omega ROM zip file you have copied earlier then confirm installation.
7. Once the installation is complete, go back to the main menu and select "reboot system now." The device restarts automatically and will take few minutes to boot using the ROM.
Congratulations! Your Samsung Galaxy S4 is now running OMEGA ROM with Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. For issues, comments, constant update, theme and other Omega ROM files, click on the highlighted model of your Galaxy S4 - I9500 or I9505.