Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 GT-P1000 only runs Android 2.2 Froyo and later was updated with 2.3 Gingerbread. Samsung didn't release any Android 4.0 or 4.1 update, but owners of the Galaxy Tab P1000 can update it to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware, using CyanogenMod 10.1
CM10.1 features Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean, processor tweaking and virtual bloat-free system without any charge for download.
Warning: This is a custom ROM which may damage your device. Developers are not liable for whatever happens on your device. Read and follow the instructions carefully to prevent damaging your tablet. Do this at your own risk.
1. Apply this ROM to Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 GT-P1000 only.
2. Create a backup of all your personal information, settings and data files on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 GT-P1000 .
3. Make sure that the battery level is at least 70 per cent to prevent power interruption.
4. You must root the device and install ClockworkMod Recovery on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 GT-P1000 to flash CM10.1. Click here to know how.
5. Temporarily disable all antivirus and security software on your computer.
6. Uninstall all antivirus apps on your tablet.
7. Enable USB debugging mode on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 GT-P1000. Go to "Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging."
8. Download and install all USB drivers required for your tablet on the computer. Samsung Kies PC Suite provides USB drivers.
1. Connect your Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 GT-P1000 to your computer then copy the CyanogenMod custom ROM and the Google Apps package you've downloaded to the tablet's SD card. Do not extract any of them.
2. Disconnect the tablet from your computer then reboot it into Recovery mode. You can either use the ClockworkMod recovery app or turn off the device then press & hold Volume Up + Menu + Power keys to reboot into Recovery mode.
3. Inside the Recovery mode, create a nAndroid backup of the current ROM. Select "backup and restore > backup." This saved ROM is located in the SD card and can be restored anytime.
4. Now perform a full wipe on your device. Select "wipe data/factory reset" and "wipe cache partition." Then, select "advanced > wipe Dalvik cache."
5. Return to the main menu then select "install zip from SD card > choose zip from SD card" and choose the CM10.1 Android 4.2.2 custom ROM you have copied earlier on the SD card. Apply the same method with the Google Apps package.
6. Once the installation is complete, go back to the main menu and select "reboot system now."
7. The device will reboot itself and may take up to 5 minutes to reach the home screen.
Congratulations! Your Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 GT-P1000 is now running Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean thanks to CyanogenMod 10.1 custom ROM.
If you have any issues or comments, send your feedbacks to AndroidAdvices: Galaxy Tab P1000 page.