International version of the Samsung Galaxy Note started receiving Androidv4.1.2 Jelly Bean update since last weekend, according to SamMobile.
Samsung promised the Galaxy Note Jelly Bean update back in August, and rumors pointed to a March release of the update. Based on the early reports the update is arriving early. Users with the International Galaxy Note can use Kies or OTA to update to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean.
The update is now made available to Samsung Galaxy Note owners in Asia, especially in Taiwan and Hong Kong. As with all Android OTA updates, the Galaxy Note Jelly Bean software is being pushed out in batches, so if your handset in that region hasn't received it yet, it should soon. More regions worldwide should follow, and as usual, the upgrade can also be grabbed with Samsung's KIES software.
The Samsung Galaxy Note update brings new Jelly Bean features and brings many of the best Galaxy Note 2 and Galaxy S3 features to the original Galaxy Note like Multi-Window View, Page Buddy and the Nature UX interface that Samsung premiered with the Galaxy S3. Other features include:
- Android 4.1.2 - Build JZO54K
- Buttery Smooth Performance & Great Stability (Thanks to Project Butter)
- Multi-View (Multi Windows Multitasking, same as in Note II)
- Multi-View can also be disabled
- Page Buddy
- Notification Panel can now be customized
- New Additions in Notification Panel
- Smart Rotation (Screen Display adjusts to your angle of sightings)
- Continues Input in Samsung Keyboard (Like Swipe or Android 4.2 Keyboard)
- Samsung's Cloud services
- Features like Direct Call, Smart Stay and Pop-up Play
- New Widgets From the Galaxy S III
- 2 Home screen modes
- New Notifications bar
- Google Now
Below is the step-by-step procedure in installing the Androidv4.1.2 Jelly Bean update in your Samsung Galaxy Note.
Step 1: Download Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean (N7000ZSLM5) for Samsung Galaxy Note (GT-N7000) and extract the zip file.
Step 2: Download Odin v1.85 and extract the file.
Step 3: Power off Galaxy Note and put it on the Download Mode. To do this, press and hold the Volume Down and Home buttons while pressing the Power button until the Samsung Galaxy logo appears on the screen.
Step 4: Run Odin as an Administrator.
Step 5: Connect Galaxy Note to your computer via the USB cable while in Download mode. If the device is connected properly, one of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number.
Step 6: Select the following files from extracted N7000ZSLM5 firmware folder:
- Click on PDA and select the .tar file with CODE in its name
- Click on Phone and select file with MODEM in its name (Ignore this step if there is no such file)
- Click on CSC and select file with CSC in its name (Ignore this step if there is no such file)
- Click on PIT and select the .pit file. Use this file only if you get it while extracting the zip file mentioned in step 1 or else just ignore it
(Note - In case the extracted zip files don't have any modem, CSC or pit file, it means that you don't require them. It's the file with .tar.md5 extension that is a must have and should be flashed through PDA section)
Step 7: In the Odin, ensure that Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are selected. If you are using a .pit file, ensure that re-partition checkbox is selected.
Step 8: Click on the Start button in Odin to begin the installation process.
Step 9: Once flashing is done, you will see a PASS message with a green background in the left-most box at the top of the Odin. The device will now restart on its own. After you get the Samsung logo on the home screen, unplug the device from the computer.