Google welcomes Android 4.4 KitKat OS version instead of unveiling Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie before 2013 ends. Google and Nestle made partnership to create the upcoming iteration of Android to 4.4 KitKat. How sweet will this new OS version could be?
Android Licks KitKat
After so many dessert-named versions of Android from Cupcake, Donut, Éclair, Froyo, Gingerbread, Honeycomb, and Ice Cream Sandwich to Jelly Bean, Android is going to offer something with even tastier and calorie-rich dessert - KitKat.
According to the Android's official Web site, 4.4 KitKat is official and it suspends the rumoured Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie expected in October 2013.
"Android is the operating system that powers over 1 billion smartphones and tablets. Since these devices make our lives so sweet, each Android version is named after a dessert: Cupcake, Donut, Éclair, Froyo, Gingerbread, Honeycomb, Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean. As everybody finds it difficult to stay away from chocolate we decided to name the next version of Android after one of our favourite chocolate treats, KitKat®."
An image also revealed that Google already made a brand-new statue of the newest member KitKat in HQ grounds. Android 4.4 KitKat is now the upcoming latest but it doesn't mean that Android 5.0 is no more; for now Key Lime Pie should remain in the fridge.
Android 4.4 KitKat Features
Google hasn't revealed any features yet of the upcoming Android 4.4 KitKat but instead, the company said: "our goal with Android KitKat to make an amazing Android experience available for everybody."
With this statement from Google, it is expected that KitKat will become accessible to Android-running devices with lower RAM such as 512MB and older Android version such as 2.3 Gingerbread. This optimisation has been rumoured to be included in Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie.
Here are some hints on what Google would feature in Android 4.4 based on the KitKat chocolate:
1. Beautifully immersive and multi-sensory experience similar to the KitKat bar perfection.
2. Full improvements on battery, performance and security features which served by the near perfection of KitKat's symmetry.
3. Definitely for everyone as with KitKat's unbeatable taste.
4. Famous in the inside as the outside: KitKat's exceptional feel and taste.
5. Possible tri-core CPU support just like KitKat's wafer design.
6. Adjustable orientation which works perfectly in portrait or landscape for panoramic taste experience.
7. TheCloud for unbelievable taste sensation.
8. Wider global coverage so you can take it literally anywhere.
9. No contracts, no small print. With our operating system, you're not tied down to just one KitKat.
10. Perfect second screen companion and compatibility with all liquid accessories via Android 4.4 KitKat.
11. Refined software, crisp hardware and unique unibody, just like KitKat.
Since Google based Android 4.4 with KitKat, the upcoming Nexus devices running the brand-new OS out of the box would have similar specs with the chocolate bar:
Dimensions: Extremely unequivocal 10mm thick, 1 finger long and fingers wide - thinner body and more comfortable keys?
Weight: Under specific conditions KitKat 4.4 has been known to be virtually weightless - lighter than any other Android version?
Edge to Edge Display: Provides maximum user enjoyment for both work and play - thinner bezel on screen with HD resolution and 4K support as well?
Universal Compatibility: KitKat 4.4 can be accessed anywhere around the globe - more Google Drive functions or separate Android clouding system for multiple devices?
Unlimited Standby Time: With unlimited standby time, KitKat 4.4 will be ready to help you go from 0 to break in a snap - more battery improvements and optimisation or Android's version of built-in power saving mode?
The Range: No matter what kind of break you're looking for, with 2MB or 4MB or a chunky-bite option, we've got it covered - 512MB RAM support and 2.3 Gingerbread devices are not upgradable to KitKat?