Google Now is software that acts as an intelligent personal assistant and is the counterpart of the iOS' Siri. It is capable of various tasks such as answering questions, making recommendations, performing actions for web services, and displaying cards in Gmail with information about flight, package tracking, and hotel and restaurant reservations.
However, not all Android versions have this great assistant available. For now, only Android 4.1 and 4.2 Jellybean owners enjoy the privilege to have the Google Now assistance. And because of this, developers made something for users with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich to utilise the technology.
GNow Handlebars is the app which offers the simplest way for ICS devices to have the Google Now feature. Here is the guide from the xda developer's site.
GNow Handlebars - Purpose
The first application that can download, install, or remove Google Now and restore Google Search to your device without the need of flashing zips or manually adding and manipulating the files.
1. Rooted device - Find the respective rooting program for the target device.
2. Ice Cream Sandwich - Make sure that you are installing this with a device running Android 4.0 at least.
3. Deodexed ROM - One way to find out is use a Root Explorer app and navigate to "/system/app" and check if an ".odex" extension file exists. If yes, the ROM is odex; otherwise, the ROM is Deodexed.
1. Back up everything including the ROM itself by making a Nandroid Back Up, so that if something goes wrong, you can restore it back to normal.
2. CWM recovery for any recoveries you might need.
1. Before installing Google Now, check if voicesearch.apk is installed, if so, rename to voicesearch.apk.bak
2. Open the installer
3. Make a choice either "a" or "b" but not both.
4. Install Google Now. Choose the apk.
5. Restore the Google Search by renaming it from "voicesearch.apk.bak" to "voiceseach.apk"
For the original thread post of the Google Now ICS, click here now.
Removal of the Google Now for ICS in case of any problems disliked, click here.