The Academy Awards are world famous and the Emmy Awards are more of a recognition of the work done by actors and should be taken seriously but the Golden Globes are absolutely class apart! The Golden Globe Awards are the most happening, one of it's kind Hollywood party! Who can forget the 2013 Golden Globes when actress Jodie Foster discussed her sexuality and confessed being a lesbian!
What's more, Oscar-winning actress Jennifer Lawrence, Robert Downey Jr, Colin Farrell, Mila Kunis, Kevin Bacon, Uma Thurman and Reese Witherspoon are among the Hollywood celebrities who will present the award trophies to 2014's winners. Comedy duo Tina Fey and Amy Poehler return to host the awards for a second year. The pair, who have worked together throughout their careers, were praised as Golden Globe hosts in 2013 too.
Golden Globe nominations for the television category are led by the "White Queen," "Breaking Bad" and "Downton Abbey," while "American Hustle," "Nebraska" and "12 Years a Slave" receive film nominations. Let's see what predictions most websites are making of the nominations in major categories.
1. Best motion picture (drama) - Nominations 12 Years a Slave Captain Phillips Gravity Philomena Rush Predicted to win - 12 Years a Slave
2. Best TV series (drama) Breaking Bad Downton Abbey The Good Wife House of Cards Masters of Sex Predicted to win - Breaking Bad
3. Best Actor in a motion picture (drama) - Nominations Chiwetel Ejiofor, 12 Years a Slave Idris Elba, Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom Tom Hanks, Captain Phillips Matthew McConaughey, Dallas Buyers Club Robert Redford, All is Lost Predicted to Win - Tom Hanks and Idris Elba
4. Best Actress in a motion picture (drama) Cate Blanchett, Blue Jasmine Sandra Bullock, Gravity Judi Dench, Philomena Emma Thompson, Saving Mr. Banks Kate Winslet, Labor Day
Predicted to Win - Kate Winslet - Labor Day
5. Best Director - motion picture Alfonso Cuaron, Gravity Paul Greengrass, Captain Phillips Steve McQueen, 12 Years a Slave Alexander Payne, Nebraska David O. Russell, American Hustle
Predicted to Win - Steve Mc Queen or David O. Russel
6. Best motion picture (musical or comedy) American Hustle Her Inside Llewyn Davis Nebraska Wolf of Wall Street Predicted to Win - Wolf of Wall Street or American Hustle
7. Best Actress in a motion picture, musical or comedy Amy Adams, American Hustle Julie Delphy, Before Midnight Greta Gerwig, Frances Ha Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Enough Said Meryl Streep, August Osage County Predicted to Win - Merly Streep or Amy Adams
8. Best Actor in a motion picture, musical or comedy Christian Bale, American Hustle Bruce Dern, Nebraska Leonardo Dicaprio, Wolf of Wall Street Oscar Isaac, Inside Llewyn Davis Joaquin Phoenix, Her
9. Best Animated Feature film The Croods Despicable Me 2 Frozen Predicted to Win - Frozen
10. Best Foreign Language Film Blue Is The Warmest Colour (France) The Great Beauty (Italy) The Hunt (Denmark) The Past (Iran) The Wind Rises (Japan) Predicted to Win - Blue Is The Warmest Colour
11. Best Actor in a TV series, drama Bryan Cranston, Breaking Bad Liev Schreiber, Ray Donovan Michael Sheen, Masters of Sex Kevin Spacey, House of Cards James Spader, The Blacklist Predicted to Win - Bryan Cranston
What are your predictions for the Golden Globes 2014? The awards will be held on Jan 12 and will be aired live on NBC's channel 8.